Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you dare to use a beta Antivirus or Internet security solution

How many of you dare to use a beta Antivirus or Internet security solution

How many of you dare to use a beta version of upcoming Antivirus release from major vendors?

At the moment, I am using ESET smart security v6 on my desktop and will keep using it for next few months.

What about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    How many of you dare to use a beta version of upcoming Antivirus release from major vendors?

At the moment, I am using ESET smart security v6 on my desktop and will keep using it for next few months.

What about you guys?
    A beta version of an Antivirus = Recipe for a disaster.

No thank you.

u plan to get a free license from ESET?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Well not sure, but I will use it on my desktop for next few months for sure.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    A beta version of an Antivirus = Recipe for a disaster.

No thank you.
    lol Geeks are not worried about disaster. They learn from it

But yes, you can keep your main machines away from it.

I don't have a test machine and my PC has a lot of important information so I prefer stable versions (and even those can cause disasters sometimes :S)

Me, too, is using ESET Beta on a laptop for my mother and brother. Not much activities with it, just playing songs for my newborn baby-niece.

Why, I plan to get a free license for ESET 6. My KIS subscription is going to expire in two months ahead, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Me, too, is using ESET Beta on a laptop for my mother and brother. Not much activities with it, just playing songs for my newborn baby-niece.

Why, I plan to get a free license for ESET 6. My KIS subscription is going to expire in two months ahead, that's why.
    Best wishes for your Brother and his new born .
    May God bless her.

During my careless days I did a lot but those are long gone. Now I try to stick with the final release of every software.

and I wait until that final release is being installed & used by millions before I (have the time to) install lol

and I wait until that final release is being installed & used by millions before I (have the time to) install lol
    Hahaha . You are right Grr. Newly released versions are almost as bad as betas (Except few companies like Symantec, Kaspersky etc.) So better to shift to new products after one or two months after the final release.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast