Thread: Planning to buy a camcorder. Any recommendations?

Planning to buy a camcorder. Any recommendations?

I am planning to buy a camcorder. Budget - ~20K.

@Rajupp of Techpp said that its useless to buy a camcorder. better buy a DSLR with video recording feature.

Need to hear opinion from people here.

DSLR is better option, but would come costly.

I would partly support Raju, it's useless to buy a camcorder now. But it's useless to buy a DSLR as well.

DSLR with a good lens would costs you around 40-50K or more. Unless you are a professional photographer or hugely hit by photography bug I think its no use to buy a DSLR.
    I would suggest you to go for a good digital camera that supports HD recordings.

I am suggesting these types of Digi cams (link below)

Thanks Arnab. I am looking at the options that you gave me.

On other note, which brand is better Sony, Canon or Nikon ? or its the models which can be better for different brands?

..... or its the models which can be better for different brands?
    I would say the above line is true in most cases but I believe you cannot go wrong with Canon. Though I am never an expect about cameras but I grew up hearing that Canon is the best brand for cameras. So I would say Canon but it will be better if you select 1 from each brand and go through the reviews.

If you want Great photos with great night time visibility no one beats Canon. Nikkon is a tad behind Canon. Personally I own a Nikkon which has 14MP camera got it for 10K. The sony handy cams are out of fashion. If you also consider Cool looks then buy a Nikkon. when I purchased camera's with HD recording were v costly.