Thread: Need some help with Sandboxie [SOLVED]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need some help with Sandboxie [SOLVED]

I use 2 step verification for Gmail and it needs the cookies for "accounts.google.com" on the PC to allow access to my mail.
    If I delete the cookies, I have to use the Google Authenticator app and re-authenticate my computer. I have allowed ccleaner to skip the cookies for said site to avoid authenticating it often.

Now coming to the problem with Sandboxie, if I delete the Sandbox Contents it erases the cookies for Gmail as well and I have to reauthenticate it after every session. Grrrrr

I used to have the Delete command in Sandboxie for Ccleaner, i.e "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /delete "%SANDBOX%"
    But it used to take ages to clean it, I am no longer using this command and use Sandboxie's default delete, I think its RMDIR.

Anyway to whitelist the cookes in Sandboxie? Or should I try adding Ccleaner's command to delete the sandbox? I am not sure if would keep the Gmail cookies though.

Issue solved: See Grr's post http://www.avinashtech.net/software-problems-troubleshooting/3814.htm#post21652
    Last edited by Ashwin; 25-10-12 at 10:06 AM.

@Ash

Not sure what the issue is at your end?

I just downloaded and installed sandboxie on my Windows 8 system. I need not authenticate every time for gmail login.

or this issue is arising out of some incompatibilities with some other programs like CCleaner? May be Grr can help unless I can duplicate the issue on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    @Ash

Not sure what the issue is at your end?

I just downloaded and installed sandboxie on my Windows 8 system. I need not authenticate every time for gmail login.

or this issue is arising out of some incompatibilities with some other programs like CCleaner? May be Grr can help unless I can duplicate the issue on my system.
    Delete the sandbox contents and relogin. It used to work fine, but now it deletes the authentication cookies too