View Poll Results: Are you migrating to Windows 8?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah I am switching to Windows 8

2 33.33%
  • No way man. I am sticking to my old OS.

2 33.33%
  • I am gonna dual boot Win 8 wth my OS.

2 33.33%
  • I am living under a rock and have no idea what Windows 8 is. Duh

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you migrating to Windows 8?

Looking at screenshot of Ashwin's desktop and I am beginning to question where is the point in installing Windows 8 without the highly-touted Metro interface?
    What is Uchiha Madara's mangekyou sharingan doing there anyway? The one below the magnifier icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Microsoft had fixed the Rs. 699/ $14 upgrade loophole according to this .

Any idea when the retail copies are available in India?
    Man, that sucks! That's why I have been unable to get my third discount codes since yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Looking at screenshot of Ashwin's desktop and I am beginning to question where is the point in installing Windows 8 without the highly-touted Metro interface?
    What is Uchiha Madara's mangekyou sharingan doing there anyway? The one below the magnifier icon.
    I am not going to use Metro all the time. Besides it's just a click of the mouse away.
    And the UI isn't the only thing Windows 8 is about. I can see that my PC is much faster (Nope not a placebo effect). Windows 8 definitely manages app memory better
    And I love the native support for ISO,PDF too

I too love Metro. Just finished my upgrading to Windows 8. No need of start menu, start screen is great and fast. Just remember to get the 110MB update to enable all metro apps to full version. Arn my local store says Win8 DVDS will be available in 2 weeks time. Forgot to say even with aero my pc is super fast
    Last edited by avibky; 31-10-12 at 09:11 PM.

Just wish PDFs were viewable in desktop mode. PDF viewer has very basic functions. 1- view pdf 2- zoom in and zoom out.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Just wish PDFs were viewable in desktop mode. PDF viewer has very basic functions. 1- view pdf 2- zoom in and zoom out.
    Not everyone wants a lot of options/features in PDF viewers, I guess that's why Microsoft provided us with a basic Reader.

Would have been better if the pdf reader could be used like a plugin. I have to download my timetable from Pace website or any other notices so i installed chrome which has a reader.

As Bala requested, it is without the Start button and shows the K icon as Cosme wanted
    Yes, there's a K on that pic

lol I also wonder what is its function.

Ok guys that naruto thingy button you guys are talking about is share. It can share data from one app, like email or copied data to another in metro UI. In desktop mode it of no use.

I dont watch Naruto.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123