Thread: What Drive imaging tool or System Snapshot tool do you recommend for Windows 8?

What Drive imaging tool or System Snapshot tool do you recommend for Windows 8?

Title explains it

I am not very good at taking system backups but I want to take one to be on the safer side. Any help would be appreciated.

Use Macrium or Paragon or default Windows one. Is the Windows backup still there in windows 8?

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Use Macrium or Paragon or default Windows one. Is the Windows backup still there in windows 8?
    Thanks, installed it yesterday after Malkaz told me that the latest version of Macrium is compatible with Windows 8.

Regarding the system snapshot tool, I presume no tool has perfectly comply with Windows 8 up to this moment. Rollback Rx, for instance, is about to release its 10th edition which officially supports Windows 8 between the middle of January 2013. I do have Rollback Rx 9 and there are a few configurations must be kept in mind before installation. That said, the developer will not be taken responsibility if by chance any fatal hardware errors occur.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Regarding the system snapshot tool, I presume no tool has perfectly comply with Windows 8 up to this moment. Rollback Rx, for instance, is about to release its 10th edition which officially supports Windows 8 between the middle of January 2013. I do have Rollback Rx 9 and there are a few configurations must be kept in mind before installation. That said, the developer will not be taken responsibility if by chance any fatal hardware errors occur.

another disadvantage of using windows-8

Indeed. As the matter of fact, just like with the banished Start menu button or the introducing of Metro a.k.a Modern UI, a few people on HorizonDataSys Forum who for sure have not moved to Windows 8, use this opportunity to criticize Windows 8 and suggest others to keep stick or even downgrade to Windows 7. That is rather contraproductive suggestion, I think. Man, you cannot escape the changes forever.

I like using Ashampoo Snap 8