Ok, while Anti Virus and Firewall or malware tools, Root kit tools, are all the rave, what about your Anti Spyware tools? Lately I have seen all over the internet, this breed of protection getting left behind and it shouldn't. Why? While many spywares aren't considered as malicious as the big hitters and many can be easily dealt with, they do have the ability to let in all sorts of baddies and leak out information. The reason I say this is due to a lot of the older generation playing and downloading games which lead to numerous spyware type entities on their system, slowing it down, allowing for other intrusions, etc... and so I compiled a list of FREE or FREE VERSIONS of tools so the Anti Spyware apps get a bit of time in the spotlight.

My first pick is Spywareterminator. While in the past, previous owners of Crawler used this app for mischievous purposes, over the last few years, it has become one of the best FREE anti spyware protections out there.

The free SpywareBlaster...
While you may have heard others say, "What? It doesn't do anything!", that is because it puts up a barrier against things getting on your system to begin with and does no foreground running or scanning like others. So essentially, yes, it does nothing but protect you from intrusions and along with scanners, this makes an excellent edition to security.

Another interesting security is RUbotted. What is it? It scans your pc for odd behavior and communication to see if your pc is part of a bot net. May be a great idea to try this one, I know i'm going to.

The rest, and just because I didn't write on them, doesn't mean they are any less, just that the list can be too numerous and that I am not very knowledgeable in their workings.

And for a huge list, go here....

They have a very complete list of goodies to protect yourself.

Happy spyware hunting