Thread: Sandboxie 4.02 issue with Firefox

Sandboxie 4.02 issue with Firefox

I updated my version of Sandboxie from version 3.76 to 4.02 recently and I am facing an issue with it.

I use it with Firefox 22 and Sandboxie crashes when I download a file or select to upload one. It gives me an error code but it doesn't really help

The files I am trying to save and upload are JPEGs and PNGs for blogging.

When I click on the upload button in wordpress, it brings up the file select screen, and just turns the popup to a white window, sort of like freezing it. And the only option I get when clicking on cancel or the close button is "Firefox has stopped responding, Wait or close the app" and I have to close it.

This is the same with saving files too. It does not happen always though, only when I have the browser running for an hour or more, so i am guessing it may be a memory leak or something.

Edit: The error i get is something like "Failed to communicate with Sandboxie". I will try to get a screenshot and possibly the error code and later downgrade to 3.76
    I use Tab mix plus to save my sessions, but still this is very annoying and interferes with my work.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 28-06-13 at 10:43 AM.

Ok, this stuff usually happens to me when I use google chrome. It is because chrome is already sandboxed by default sandboxie and chrome have issues.

In firefox this may happen when you are using a flash or Java based uploader as FF by default sandboxes these two plugins. Its better to contact Tzuk the developer of sandboxie.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Ok, this stuff usually happens to me when I use google chrome. It is because chrome is already sandboxed by default sandboxie and chrome have issues.

In firefox this may happen when you are using a flash or Java based uploader as FF by default sandboxes these two plugins. Its better to contact Tzuk the developer of sandboxie.
    It also happens with downloads. I checked their forums, there are a lot of bugs and the developer has asked users to revert to 3.76 if they have problems with 4.02.