Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foobar2000 (freeware music player)

Foobar2000 (freeware music player)

foobar2000 change log - version 1.0.3

Fixed incorrect behaviors with both “cursor follows playback” and “playback follows cursor” enabled.
    Improved compatibility with dodgy ASX files written by Windows Media Player.
    Fixed notification area icon minimize bugs (again).
    Fixed problems with encoding very long audio streams to Vorbis.
    Fixed a very rare crash when using the Media Library preferences page.
    Various other maintenance updates and bug fixes.

Download:
    Code:
    http://www.foobar2000.org/download

Foobar2000 1.1

* New component installation and automatic updating functionality.
    - Optional components are now installed into user's profile folder, allowing different components installed for different users on one system.
    * Entirely new Converter user interface.
    * Reworked appearance of various Preferences pages and other utility dialogs.
    * Improved ID3v2 tag writing standard compliance.
    * Improved Matroska compliance.

foobar2000 1.1.1 Beta 1

· Fixed a rare crash when closing the Preferences dialog in specific conditions.
    · Improved compatibility with broken MP4 files.
    Improved first run experience:
    · With standard (non-portable) installs, foobar2000 Media Library defaults to indexing your music folders indexed by Windows itself.
    HTTPS support in networking services:
    · This is mainly relevant to component developers. You can now access HTTPS URLs through filesystem and http_client services.

Foobar2000 1.1.1

# Improved first run experience
    - With standard (non-portable) installs, foobar2000 Media Library defaults to indexing your music folders indexed by Windows itself.

# HTTPS support in networking services
    - This is mainly relevant to component developers. You can now access HTTPS URLs through filesystem and http_client services.

# Fixed a rare crash when closing the Preferences dialog in specific conditions.

# Improved compatibility with broken MP4 files.

Ashwin: do you mind to post tutorial demonstration/illustrations on using this software to convert ape files to mp3 files as most audio files are in ape formats? I think most of the members including me are not familiar with the converting process.
    Many thanks for the assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    Ashwin: do you mind to post tutorial demonstration/illustrations on using this software to convert ape files to mp3 files as most audio files are in ape formats? I think most of the members including me are not familiar with the converting process.
    Even I am not aware of this

But I will try to get some info
    Last edited by Ashwin; 23-02-11 at 06:43 PM.

I thank you in advance here!

.APE is a compression format used by Monkey's Audio:

To play APE files in foobar, download Monkey's Audio Decoder plugin from:

Read the installation instructions here:

PS: Also found an interesting article at Ghacks,

"How to play Ape files ?"

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    Winamp is able to convert the file formats which it is capable of playing. Luckily .ape file is playable with Winamp. So, to convert .ape to other, add that file to Winamp's media library and then in Media Library right click on the song (which you want to convert), then choose Sent to and then select Format Converter. Now choose desired destination and desired file format to which you want to convert to and then click on to begin conversion. Hope this helps Hakah...

Attachment 151

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast