Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you suggest a good premium antivrirus?

Re: Can you suggest a good premium antivrirus?

I think the discussion has came to conclusion, anyway my favorite paid antivirus is NOD32. Ashwin if you want to buy an internet security then I recommend you to go with KIS. Forget NIS, recently NIS 2010 is not working well on my xp, it is unable to start by default...

Hello Samuel or should i call you fellow Norton hater,

:-D LOL

Do i sound rude? Yes? Good, because i paid for it and am not satisfied with their dumb service.
    Like i posted on the Bitdefender giveaway, malwarebytes a free software was able to remove trojans, to which Norton turned a blind eye.

Anyway Samuel,thanks for the feedback, Im impressed with KIS, their customer's opinions suggest it is good.
    Got over a 100 days to decide though.

Avinash Guest

No one is sounding rude here LOL :P

Allof us got few likes and dislikes and they come out in the form of opinion best on our past experiences.

I am one of the Norton haters the reason being I have came across loads of people who got Norton installed and the moment I removed norton their half problem is gone.:P

Still I believe its a personal choice for everyone to use one AV or the Other. We are here for sharing our pinions which helps everyone to decide what suits him/her best.

RE: Can you suggest a good premium antivrirus?

I'm a little late to the party, but for what it's worth...

I've used Eset NOD 32 AV for years without a problem. My firewall of choice is Online Armor Pro, but PC Tools is excellent, imho.

Ashwin, why do you feel stuck with NAV? I noticed you mentioned you and friends bought a 3-license pack, but if the software's not preforming to your satisfaction, get rid of it. You could e-mail Norton and let them know why you're ditching their AV. They may give you a refund of some sort. I've done that with software that I bought and didn't like after installing; the authors have refunded my purchase price, in two instances.

hth

Ron

Hello Ron,

Thanks for the feedback.
    About 8 or 9 days back one of our forum members Mike (mrm52858) was gracious enough to give me and Paul (PCHammer) a copy each of BitDefender Internet Security, valid for 3 years and it is outstanding, atleast for me.

Even though i dont like Norton, my two friends are still using it without any complaints, mostly because they dont dont download as many files as i do or stay online for hours. LOL :-)

And i use Online Armor++ on my other desktop and i am not very pleased, updates are manual and too slow. Keeps asking for permission to allow programs to run even after i choose remember my decision. Reminds me of Comodo. Pc tools firewall is awesome, my friend has it on his PC.

A review of BD IS 2010
    http://www.avinashtech.com/forum/Thread-BitDefender-evaluation

A review of OA++ here
    http://www.avinashtech.com/forum/Thread-Online-Armor-Review

[Both reviews are based on my personal experience with BD and OA.]

Cheers
    Ash

I would have to suggest Avira Antivirus. It has one of the best detection rates and one of the lowest footprints available.

The firewall in the suite is not up to par but the antivirus is top notch.

I use Avira antivirus and Outpost firewall Pro

kaspersky PUREor Avira premium security suite...

Quote Originally Posted by TeXaCo View Post
    I would have to suggest Avira Antivirus. It has one of the best detection rates and one of the lowest footprints available.

The firewall in the suite is not up to par but the antivirus is top notch.

I use Avira antivirus and Outpost firewall Pro
    A strong combo, but you should notice switch off the antispyware function of outpost firewall pro

I agree with majority opinion here that Norton is letting down its users, few years back Norton used to be the first s/w i would install after a fresh OS install, now its either KIS or ESET

Hope Norton revamps its code and gets better and belongs where it used to belong, as the king of all s/w security products

Well the post is quite lengthy but if "premium" you have the money then I'll go for KIS 2011 or maybe ESET.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast