On the Comodo issue, I guess it's better forgetting allowances than to allow all, lol. And yes, It began to be anti-user friendly some time ago, I agree. I don't keep up on Comodo too often and if they faded away tomorrow, I would not care just to be honest.

As far as being a free anti-virus, I have no issues with that. It's the same engine you get in a FULL version. In 13 years, I have never had a virus or major infection and I run what is doing best or close to it for the time but honestly, I run numerous tools "not just what I mention on sites or blogs" I don't browse where I don't know it's safe or install anything that I feel will be a major threat or use a Virtual Machine to test anything prior and browse questionable sites, never open email that I don't know where it came from AND I stay behind a router w\NAT. That to me is what has given me the best protection so far, not even the tools but the habits I use. Sure, it's not going to suit most people, it would be a very boring browsing experience to most but for me, I usually stick to security sites and software sites\blogs, not much more. My kids on the other hand, heh, different story but they are kids.

Avast is alright but if you use the suite, it can be a hog plus I agree with Avinash on the FP's. It's still better than Norton and honestly, asking me to even think about Norton, I would rather cut my internet cable if that tells you anything. Malwarebytes is something everyone should use and honestly, some think I say that because I created the icon for it but not true. I supported that software long before and it's quality stuff, else I wouldn't have.