Hi Ashwin,

Well, when I was a Comodo user, the firewall that is, the memory wasn't so much short term as it was very good at detecting a change in application behavior when accessing the internet. Applications that constantly change it's access methods and kick off a firewall make me suspicious. So I am almost 100% positive that it's more of an app change than it is Comodo forgetting.

And currently I am running PCtools firewall only which has been very good, no crashes, lockouts, lag, etc... and while it's now part of Norton in a sense, which we can say Norton owns them but at any given time that branch could sell out or move to it's own or another source, plus they still have separate standards. PCtools AV was detecting 90-something percent of viruses while Norton still only goes around mid 60 percent. So regardless of company affiliations, PC tools is obviously doing it's job at least, lol. Maybe Norton could learn from it's baby sister

ZoneAlarm I wouldn't touch with someone Else's 10 ft stick. They lost me as a user way back when they began letting everything through except my darn connection, gave people's information to foreign sources, and what I mean by foreign is anyone other than the user, plus became so bloated, my kids grew before ZA would allow my pc to boot.

I can't comment on the current O-A since I can't use it but it has been great to me in the past.

All in all, I use Avira Anti-vir personal which is free and currently PCtools firewall which has been great as well. I would like to add that Malwarebytes anti malware will detect all the extras that AV's don't and should be used on any system. It can be run with darn near any other security and runs well.

So yep, it's an interesting market out there and the best we can do is go with what we feel works the best.

Cheers,

Paul