Hi Paul,

You were quick to reply there, thanks

The latest version of Comodo firewall is ok i guess. Well the short term issue i faced was when i was downloading files via free download manager or updating software,
even if i selected 'remember my decision' and allow, it would forget it soon. I visited their forum and what do you know,
Comodo forgetting preferences was a known issue, they advised customers to keep their product updated.
I think it is mentioned in FAQs or help file or somewhere.
Like that would help, it was anything but user friendly. Thats why i kicked it out.
And about your comment on zone alarm's booting LOL :-D yes when i used it it took my computer a whole minute to start.
Online Armor has probably the best user interface i have seen in a firewall, easy to configure and shows your preferences in a nice and clean fashion.
(I know that you are using a 62 bit pc and you cant use OA, i read your comment on OA giveaway)
Well too bad they dont support 64 bit, maybe they will soon.

And i tried the latest Avast Home 5 on my Vista Home Premium, it was good but i installed Norton since i had a subscription. I have read reviews about Avira Free edition on Softonic,Softpedia,Cnet, seems to be excellent from their words and yours. And malwarebytes, hmmm lemme check on my hard disk,
i have downloaded all the free stuff, i distribute them to friends.

Buddy, since you are using a free antivirus, why dont you check my post on the European Norton giveaway (yes i know, Norton stinks),
but it is an Internet security suite not just an antivirus. [Use a proxy sever if you are not in Europe]

One more thing i have NAV 2010, OA premium, and Zemana Antilogger :-) do you think i should download malwarebytes free version?
Is it reall the best, ok i will give it a try

Thanks mate