Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KIS 2011 beta - Don't dare to install it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I wish I would, if I had a spare PC to test...
    Why don't you use virtualbox? What's your opinion on testing in virtualbox and testing on real pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Why don't you use virtualbox? What's your opinion on testing in virtualbox and testing on real pc.

Never used virtualbox. May be it won't run well on xp-sp2, 1gb Ram, 2Ghz processor....

Ya. minimum 2gb or 4gb (like avi's new laptop) should be used for testing. Because giving 1gb ram for virtual machines will make it run smoothly.

I used to provide 512 RAM for xp in virtual box and everything ran OK. I think grr may go for it.
    see here
    Code:
    http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation
    Memory: Depending on what guest operating systems you want to run, you will need at least 512 MB of RAM (but probably more, and the more the better). Basically, you will need whatever your host operating system needs to run comfortably, plus the amount that the guest operating system needs. So, if you want to run Windows XP on Windows XP, you probably won't enjoy the experience much with less than 1 GB of RAM. If you want to try out Windows Vista in a guest, it will refuse to install if it is given less than 512 MB RAM, so you'll need that for the guest alone, plus the memory your operating system normally needs.

Quote Originally Posted by sujay View Post
    I used to provide 512 RAM for xp in virtual box and everything ran OK. I think grr may go for it.
    see here
    Code:
    http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation

Thanks Sujay..looking forward to be using it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12