Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 1

· New Addons Manager and extension management API (user interface will be changed before final release).
    · Attachment sizes now displayed along with attachments.
    · Several user interface fixes for Windows Vista/Windows 7.
    · Support for Mac 32/64 bit Universal builds (Miramar Alpha 1 will no longer support PowerPC on Mac).
    · Over 190 platform fixes to improve performance and stability.

Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0.10

Fixes a critical security issue that could potentially allow remote code execution. This issue does not affect email or newsgroups but could be triggered through browser-like features or add-ons.

from the looks of it. 3.3 is the beta? so if I am running 3.1.6 i should still be good for now? edit: noticed on their site that the above is right.. but forgot to ask.. been trying it out lately and it has been great so far.. the only thing i'm trying to figure out now is to set it up with Hotmail fully.. Right now it gets my email, but i noticed that it is not retrieving the junk mail folder from hotmail. Granted, the majority of that stuff is junk and I do not care about it, but every once and a while i get an email from someone/something that goes to there first and so it would be nice to have that folder retrieved as well.. any ideas of something I can do?? it gets my spam folder from Gmail just fine :P
    Last edited by Zug; 06-12-10 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks Ash... been here a lil bit.. just didn't post to often, mainly read info and such.. post more over on raymond but trying to post more often here now.. net over here just sux to much to be able to keep up with to many forums

thnx again.. will take a look at it

/cheers

ps: on a side note.. seems like maybe u use it a bit.. noticed that with hotmail, it "retrieves" my email (as in when I log into hotmail, all of my inbox is gone and is not in my thunderbird) but when it gets my email from gmail, it leaves it all there.. any ideas as to why it does this? not too concerned with it. .but having it still in my hotmail/gmail as a back up in case i crash and lose all my info from t-bird, is semi comforting just more of a curious nature on this is all
    Last edited by Zug; 09-12-10 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Thanks Ash... been here a lil bit.. just didn't post to often, mainly read info and such.. post more over on raymond but trying to post more often here now.. net over here just sux to much to be able to keep up with to many forums

thnx again.. will take a look at it

/cheers

ps: on a side note.. seems like maybe u use it a bit.. noticed that with hotmail, it "retrieves" my email (as in when I log into hotmail, all of my inbox is gone and is not in my thunderbird) but when it gets my email from gmail, it leaves it all there.. any ideas as to why it does this? not too concerned with it. .but having it still in my hotmail/gmail as a back up in case i crash and lose all my info from t-bird, is semi comforting just more of a curious nature on this is all
    Perhaps you didn't tweak the settings for hotmail accounts.
    Gmail has different server settings. It does not delete any messages on the server.

But we have to manually adjust settings for Hotmail's server

Open Thunderbird> Tools >Account settings

Select yourhotmail account and click on "Server Settings"

You will see many options.

Look for the below options:

1. Leave messages on Server

2. Until I delete them

Tick the checkbox beside each of them. Now thunderbird will not delete any more messages from your hotmail inbox

Read this article to restore all messages to hotmail from thunderbird: --->

Btw, you can take a backup of Thunderbird (even Firefox,flock,seamonkey, songbird) with Mozbackup

Avinash has written an article about it at his blog: --->

i checked my settings.. and both 1 and 2 are checked so that is kind of wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    i checked my settings.. and both 1 and 2 are checked so that is kind of wierd.
    Open Thunderbird> Tools >Account settings

Click on Disk Space and select Don't delete any messages

PS: Did you check in the trash folder? maybe you can recover the mails

yeah.. I have that checked already as well. gonna check my hotmail real quick.. lsat i looked.. i dont think they was there.. but i will double check

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

checked.. only actual mail that i have been deleting was in the trash.. so all history is now in the hands of my HDD :P ohh wel lits ok )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast