Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review of Dr Web Antivirus v6

Lightbulb Review of Dr Web Antivirus v6

I am writing this review on the request of Samuel.

Installation

Smooth, One of the best installation I have ever seen. Like Kaspersky it allows you to install it even in an infected computer. You will get options to update during installation and perform a short scan during installation.

Interface

There is no interface of Dr Web. They are still maintaining the older pattern. You will have a green tray icon. Clicking on that you will get options.

Things are easy to configure with Dr Web.

License Manager

Tools>License Manager

Review of Dr Web Antivirus v6

Update

Updates frequently, Almost in 1 or 2 hours. And update size is .

Interface

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

System Load

Yes it is somewhat resource intensive.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6ssvvs.jpg

I used to have problems with it in my old PC DualCore @1.88GHz Intel Processor with 512mb RAM. But with my laptop Core2Duo @2.00GHz with 2Gb RAM I didn't have any problem. I runs smooth with Private Firewall, MABM Pro, Prevx Safeonline, Winpatrol and ikill in my Windows 7 ultimate 32bit Laptop.
    Its detection is pretty good although there is lack of good reviews about it. I admire it due to its decent/not too agressive detection and good cleaning ability, frequent updates, thorough scan. It scan most thoroughly among all AVs I have tried (at the second place comes MSE), it scans even PDF streams like an archive. That's why its scan take a longer time to finish. In my HDD with 50Gb of files (PDF, Archives, ISO files, songs) it took 1:30 hr to complete.

Their is quite friendly. Also their is very good. I got fixes for false positives/potential malwares within 6 hrs.
    Here are some of their good web resources

Last edited by sujay; 07-05-10 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks a lot for the review Sujay. As you said, yes there are not many good reviews on web and that's why I asked you for a review, as what you say will be more accurate and correct as you are already using it for a while. Thanks again for taking time in reviewing it friend.

You are welcome friend..
    Here is a latest review
    Code:
    http://www.anti-malware-test.com/?q=taxonomy/term/14
    In that site you will have some interesting results...
    Last edited by Ashwin; 07-05-10 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Coded the link

Thanks mate for the review. Good for anyone who wish to try Dr Web Antivirus.

btw, Moved the thread to appropriate subforum of reviews from members.

There are so many independent associations that are conducting tests and surprisingly the results of each one deviate from one another to a huge extent. So, which tests do you people trust more.

Results by anti-malware-test.com and avcomparatives.com are quite similar. So, I believe them.

Nice review Sujay.

PS: pls remove the serial/license info from pic-2. The lower section...

Thanks grr...
    You mean that license manager window? I have hidden the last 4 digits and also the registered email address is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by sujay View Post
    Thanks grr...
    You mean that license manager window? I have hidden the last 4 digits and also the registered email address is not there.

Yes, but above the list of components it shows license

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast