Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarity on Raymond.cc Forum and Avinashtech

Avinash Guest

Clarity on Raymond.cc Forum and Avinashtech

UPDATE :- This topic is over after They accepted the fault and apologized.

I am just Moving that post related to Raymond forum banning Avinashtech here as I Thought may be forum is a better place for Discussions.

Original Post can be found here.

I am just copying and Pasting that post Here.

I was not sure whether I should post this or not. But later I thought its better to write this here. The story is bit long perhaps but I will be short here.

First thing first here. I have been a reader of raymond.cc blog for long time may be 2-3 years atleast. I love raymond articles and find raymond to be a great guy when it comes to helping others. The site is very Big and good and It would take me long even to achieve half of what Raymond has achieved with his blog.

Now the story about this post goes on below.

I had a account with raymond.cc Forum some time back with not a so obvious user name. That time my blog was too small . It was like in infancy. I was not a great contributor to the forum. In between I did posted 1-2 or may be 3 threads related to some articles on this blog which prompted some Moderator there to ban me. So I got banned first time. It was fine till then as I didnt mind being banned as I thought Moderators there got a right to do whatever they wanted to make forums better or they treated my threads as spam.

But then a nasty email arrived in my Inbox (50 counts) from someone in Raymond.cc forum, may be from some moderator . It was too bad in language and I didnt expected that kind of mail atleast from Raymonds.cc forum. Well, What I did after that? I just deleted the mails and forgot about it. I stopped visiting raymond.cc from my bookmarks so that i wouldnt go there even by fault.

After that I never cared to visit the forums there. But thanks to Murphy, another mod there i had to visit the forum again. The reason , he posted a thread about my Winxdvd ripper Giveaway and i got a decent amount of vistors from raymond.cc forum. So I went there again, to say Thank you to Murphy and for that i created a account. This time with a obvious username ?Avinashtech?. I thanked him in the thread for putting it.

Then just a day after, I received a PM from another moderator giving me a warning about the way i behave on forum and other stuff. As I had just posted a thank you message to Murphy and in some other threads, I thought the PM was linked to my sites old reputation at avinashtech. Anyway I still said OK i will not post anything related to my website on this forum and hence didnt cared much abt the PM.

now, this morning when i posted my article about the Big giveaway coming, someone posted a thread about it in the forum and i got to know about it through my wordpress trackback. But suddenly I found that when i clicked on that thread link, the thread seems deleted from raymond forum and also my account being banned from raymond.cc forum.

I made this post just to clarify, this is the last time I would talk about Raymond.cc or its forum here. Also, i wanted to clarify my stand here as I am not going to create any other account on Raymond.cc forum.

I request readers here not to post any thread relating to Avinashtech posts on that forum.
    Update :-

It seems the post did make people start finding why I was Banned. Now I know the reason perhaps. It seems that they think I had a nasty fight or something like that in a thread with some other guy. I got the email from the other guy stating all the details and the way they think it happened. Also, Email bomb was not sent my Raymond Mods but the other guy. Read it more here.

I have clarified to the guy too, Except that ?email bomb? sent to me, I dont know anything about all the issues they or he is talking about.

There cant be only single Avinash in this whole world. So again, I would say, Its not me who created all tthe nasty conversations there on the forum.

Also I can not stop anyone from posting my articles there at Raymond?s forum.

UPDATE -1

Quoted from Hellnoire reply at Raymond forum and his answers :

Avinash, the one who started the fight, and Avinash, the one who runs AvinashTech, share not only the same ISP and the same birthday, but they also share the same IP address
    Reagrading me having same Birthday, i cant believe as I have never set my correct birthday in any of the forum let aside Raymond. Even if i set the birthday somewhere, it is set to be any value but not the correct one.

I created only two accounts ?keeponsmiling? and ?Avinashtech?. I bet even those two accounts cant have a same birthday if i had set any in them.

I dont know about 8 other accounts you guys talking about. Just try to match the IPs of these two accounts with others. Even these two may have different IPs as i have a dynamic IP net connection from the ISP .

If he wants to beg and grovel to get back onto Raymond.cc, to be lucky enough to be one of the ones allowed to post here, he?s wrong
    Also, no one here is begging for a account back at raymonds forum as hellnoire puts it. I am happy here and you can keep me along with my site banned at Raymonds forum for life.

If he wants to show his good nature and prove that he is a changed man, then by all means, he can. He can take the first step and clarify that it is indeed the same person. Or he can make it up by saying sorry.
    I would have been said sorry at the first instant if i had been even a small part of it and as I hadn?t, so I wont say sorry too.

PS : No Raymond bashing or any other bashing allowed.

Avinash Guest

Re: Clarity on Raymond.cc Forum and Avinashtech (banned there)

I am still to hear any response from Raymonds Mod regarding whether the IPs of two accounts I created match with all others they are talking about????

Also, On Raymond forum, They are talking about same posting style as one of the reasons for them to believe I am the same guy?

What you guys think? Is it a good reason?

I don't think so

Well, for one, it's hard for any of us to say who were not actually involved which is why I've been silent on this for the most part.

My " personal " take is this... I don't know what happened, all I know is you seem like a decent person and have never shown any harshness in any way. Many people have had disagreements on forums and get banned, that isn't a rarity by any means, even if they don't mean it at the time, things happen, get heated, etc...

Looking at it from a moderator's view as I was one on more than one site, we didn't go by what could look like the same WAY a person would post and I won't mention which site, but the Admin ran a test on us and had other posters reply, leaving us to decide if it was the same person under a different name and through our personal views which we thought it was.

BUT, In reality, it was not and most of us could not distinguish between who was who so that can be a very false way to decide if someone is the same poster or not. We also ran into many instances of same IP addresses and ended up doing very thorough lookups due to dynamic IPs by ISPs, the same IP could be in one part of a state, then another part the next, had we banned it, an innocent would have gotten banned. If there is a longer timed run from that specific IP, then it's likely it's the same person as it will change from time to time otherwise. They mention about your birthday being the same, I don't know why, if you were someone trying to hide the fact of who you are, you would enter the same birthday and wondered if there was a default birthday set when people signed up, so if they don't enter theirs, it stays at whatever it's set to.

Ok, that said, if it was you or not, how long do they feel they should keep this going? I mean, even at other forums we had a ban time limit for many reasons and to keep it going, especially when you made a thank you attempt there this may be a bit harsh. So finally, either one of two things should happen here, either them telling you you will remain banned and not to come back or attempt it, or to let up on the ban and even if it was or wasn't you, to give you a chance to redeem yourself. The only reason I can see they wouldn't give you the time of day currently is due to competition.

In closing, I don't know what happened for sure, I know you as I do now and don't view you as a harsh argumentative type, and again, we all get our moments of anger and frustration, we are human and hope this all gets resolved. Obviously the moderators cannot do anything but hopefully Raymond or whoever will resolve this soon.

Avinash Guest

@PChammer

As you said, anyone who knows me will tell what kind of person I am.

That set aside, I did respect any forums mods to ban someone they feel good for whatever reasons and thats why First time I Didnt mind being banned as I thought I violated some of their forum rules.

But 2nd time, I felt something wrong as i didn't do anything at all.

Regarding that birthday, as i had said before I had never set any birthday until its a compulsory field and even if i set i would set some random birthday.

Anyway, For me its a closed chapter. I don't expect something from the MOds there too. I am happy here and happy building a better community with the help of you guys.

This thread here is due to only one reason, I dont want any reader of Avinashtech to get banned at Raymond's forum just because some day he may post something related to here at that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash
    @PChammer

As you said, anyone who knows me will tell what kind of person I am.

That set aside, I did respect any forums mods to ban someone they feel good for whatever reasons and thats why First time I Didnt mind being banned as I thought I violated some of their forum rules.

But 2nd time, I felt something wrong as i didn't do anything at all.

Regarding that birthday, as i had said before I had never set any birthday until its a compulsory field and even if i set i would set some random birthday.

Anyway, For me its a closed chapter. I don't expect something from the MOds there too. I am happy here and happy building a better community with the help of you guys.

[size=medium]This thread here is due to only one reason, I dont want any reader of Avinashtech to get banned at Raymond's forum just because some day he may post something related to here at that forum.[/size]

Well, that's kind of what I figured on the birthday and wondered why someone who was hiding would set the same birthday, lol, that made no sense to begin with. Yep, all in all, I think you should have been let back in. It's obvious that regardless of what they thought, you are obviously not that person one way or the other. Even if it was you, "not saying it was, just stating" that would not be who you are now and any self respecting site would realize such a thing. Hopefully they will give you a chance though as even if you are happy here, it would be a resolve. I am very curious to see what Raymond has to say about it, I just hope cooler heads prevail and he can work this out with you.

Avinash Guest

Well, Lets wait and see if Raymond responds.

But till then we should forget this issue and move along.

Even after he responds, I would be happier here only as we can make this forum a much better place

Avinash Guest

No update though, Just a reminder to readers of Avinashtech.

Do not post any threads related to Avinashtech posts on Raymond.cc forum or they may ban you there.

I am writing this again, as someone posted in a thread related to glary utilities there about our giveaway. I got to know when i saw the trackback in wordpress admin. But when i clicked it, i saw that the relevant portion got deleted. Perhaps mods there deleted it as expected. May have warned the user too .

May be we wont be getting any updates on this issue from them. :P

Well, not to diminish this or anything but re-reading, I found this disturbing...

If he wants to beg and grovel to get back onto Raymond.cc, to be lucky enough to be one of the ones allowed to post here, he?s wrong
    I am sorry but any forum moderator or even owner who thinks that way, needs to seriously come back down to earth. The lucky ones are Raymond to have people "the ones who actually make it a site" post there, not the other way around. And I ask, what kind of life must someone have to fret over being a "lucky one" to post on any site? I say, don't worry, the REAL world IS out there, outside of Raymond.cc and life will go on as with any site. I like the internet and like working with some sites and helping others, however, by NO means is this any primary type life for me but it's still obvious to see by comments like that, cloud 9 has taken flight. I never heard of Raymond.cc prior, guess I was a, er... unlucky one? Wouldn't know, had plenty of fun without it.

Avinash Guest

@Paul

Yes you are right.

Anyway, as i kept saying the only reason this thread is here as I don't want any reader to get banned somewhere else due to my posts. Otherwise I would have just not even put this thread live.

Regarding that "lucky ones", yes you are right. They don't know what forum is made of. Its the members who make the forum and not the mods. That's why I keep saying, I don't own the forum, its built and run by members like you. :P

Another Update :-

The thread at Raymonds is closed now for comments.

Hi guys,

Been busy with work and an issue with my Sony mobile.

Really sad to hear that Raymond's site is causing trouble for you again.
    Check your PM Avinash, i have sent you details about some trouble i had with them too.

PS. I am not participating in the Glary utilities giveaway on your site since i already participated in 4free's survey for 150+ keys a few days back.
    Anyone who completes the 9 surveys were supposed to be given a key for Glary pro
    (I am yet to hear from them, though) :-(

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast