Thread: Webroot's 2010 Internet Security Suite Beta is Now Available

Avinash Guest

Webroot's 2010 Internet Security Suite Beta is Now Available

Webroot Internet Security Complete is designed around the needs of a modern consumer?s online life. Webroot?s new security solution introduces:

* A hybrid desktop/cloud-based model to deliver security updates instantly without disrupting consumers? online experience;
    * Automatic synchronization of personal files and log-in credentials across multiple devices to ensure the highly mobile consumer can access them securely, anytime and anywhere;
    * An identity manager that creates and safely stores highly secure passwords which can be automatically entered into favorite sites to avoid compromise by keyloggers; and
    * Unprecedented availability of personal information and files via a unique Web portal where customers can securely access Webroot?s identity manager and share photos, videos and other files from any computer or mobile device.

Webroot Internet Security Complete Features And Benefits

* Complete identity protection
    * Hybrid desktop/cloud-based security instantly delivers the latest malware protection
    * Web portal provides secure, ubiquitous access to files, passwords and other sensitive information
    * Password management technology generates, stores and secures passwords from keyloggers
    * Award-winning Webroot® Spy Sweeper® antispyware
    * Two-way firewall makes computers invisible to hackers
    * 10GB of online storage for photos, music and files
    * System cleanup keeps computers running fast
    * Intuitive interface makes security easy to manage
    * Free U.S.-based phone, email and Web support

To share your feedback, simply click on the "Beta Feedback" link on the product's homepage. When you complete the survey, we'll automatically enter you into a drawing for a chance to win a $250 Amazon gift card!
    Download Beta Now

http://updates.webroot.com/downloads/WRInstall.exe

Installation Instructions:

1. Click the button to download the beta and select 'Save to Disk'.
    2. Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
    3. When prompted, insert the following beta keycode

Individuals can sign up today to participate in the free beta program for Webroot Internet Security Complete which begins in October by visiting

http://www.webroot.com/registration/bet ... ration.php.

The beta version will be activated for 90 days. If at any point you no longer want to utilize the beta version, simply uninstall.

Re: Webroot's 2010 Internet Security Suite Beta is Now Available

Has anybody tried this out?

Avinash Guest

Re: Webroot's 2010 Internet Security Suite Beta is Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by TeXaCo
    Has anybody tried this out?
    Atleast I haven't tried this.

RE: Webroot's 2010 Internet Security Suite Beta is Now Available

Curiously, I've avoided Webroot products since I had a major software conflict with Spy Sweeper a few years back. I bought and installed the program and instantly developed grinding slowness upon opening. Uninstalled and never went back; my needs have changed and my software has too. I use different anti-malware products now. ymmv.

RE: Webroot's 2010 Internet Security Suite Beta is Now Available

I too had issues with Webroot some time ago and found it clunky at best but things do change. That said, no, I haven't used it recently but perhaps will give it a go again to see if it's evolved a bit.