Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0

Thumbs up Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0

Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0 (3373.514.1234)

Release date: June 3, 2010
    Version: 7.0 (3373.514.1234)
    Size, MB: 28.3 (x86) / 36.7 (x64)

OUR ESSENTIAL INTERNET DEFENSE. Leading personal firewall with antispyware, proactive defense and secure browsing tools. Outpost Firewall Pro provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration. Outpost ensures your online security with solid protection against all Internet-borne threats. Outpost is the first personal firewall developed with Open Architecture.

It is also the first personal firewall that supports plug-ins. Sample plug-ins are included to show how this revolutionary technology can easily be employed for such tasks as Intrusion Detection, Advertisement Blocking, Content Filtering, E-mail Guard, and Privacy Control. It is equipped with every feature a personal firewall should have. It is the most functional firewall in the world. It supports all the latest security techniques and features such as: Full Stealth Mode, Anti-Leak, and MD5 Authentication.

Being online is fraught with dangers: Internet worms, spyware agents, Trojan horses, hijackers and more can wreak havoc, causing anything from slow performance to system crashes to full-blown identity theft. And to provide you with the kind of protection you need in these days of cyberthieves and online extortionists, your firewall must be able to monitor all inbound and outbound traffic and protect you from any unauthorized intrusion by rendering your PC invisible to anything that you haven’t authorized to see it.

Proactive security
    • System and Application Guard New!
    • File and folder lock New!
    • Preemptive threat protection Enhanced!
    • Self-protection Enhanced!

Network security & continuity
    • Application access control
    • Optimized firewall New!
    • Connection security
    • Comprehensive coverage
    • Intrusion protection

Efficient anti-malware
    • 360-degree anti malware Enhanced!
    • Modernized AV engine Enhanced!
    • Email and USB devices instant check Improved!
    • Heuristics analyzer for autorun objects New!
    • Better manageable malware quarantine Improved!
    • Faster, more intelligent scans
    • Scheduled scans and exclusions

Email and web: privacy and safety
    • Keyword-based blocking Reinstated!
    • Protection from spam
    • Email safety
    • Unsafe web site access restriction
    • IP Blocklist keeps surfing clean
    • Safe repository for personal data
    • Ad-free, anonymous surfing

Tracking & Control
    • Program activity monitor at your fingertips New!
    • Quick status overview
    • Actionable alerts
    • Process activity
    • Network activity monitoring
    • Password-protection, multiple configuration profiles
    • Manageable events logs

Compatibility
    • Driver certification and 64-bit systems support
    • Windows 7 support Improved!
    • IPv6 support
    • Adaptive firewall rules
    • Entertainment mode for uninterrupted gameplay and video viewing

Convenience and Ease of Use
    • Automatic configuration
    • ImproveNet delivers more ready-made configurations
    • SmartAdvisor — instant, context-sensitive help
    • Hands-free updates
    • Auto-learning mode

Supported platforms: 32- and 64-bit Windows (Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, 2008), Windows 2000 (SP3 and above).

What’s New in Outpost 7:
    • Application guard New! The new Application Guard feature, which comes as an upgrade to Outpost’s Proactive Protection module, defends sensitive data stored by various Internet-enabled applications such as instant messengers, web browsers, e-mail clients and e-banking software from compromise. Items such as cached/saved login details and passwords, configuration files, electronic wallet contents, etc. are now shielded from being tampered or hijacked by unauthorized non-related applications.
    • System guard Improved! As an extension to Outpost’s Proactive Protection module, the System Guard feature secures critical system files and configurations against misuse or compromise. The list of protected items could be extended by adding the program of your choosing to the protected system software list.
    • File and folder lock New! File & Folder Lock functionality enables protection of locally-stored assets from corruption, modification or illegal access by other users or malware. With just a few clicks within the “File and Folder Lock” section of the Proactive Protection settings panel in Outpost, you can simply select a folder or file you wish to protect and set limitations by defining access password.
    • Real-time File and Registry Activity monitoring New! File and Registry Activity provides an invaluable opportunity to look into system events at a closer range by monitoring activity of any given active process and tracking system changes in real time. The user can analyze every active process, its path and time as well as track registry modifications in order to take action with Outpost’s ample functionality.
    • Antivirus module Improved! The antivirus engine has been improved with new detection and cure capabilities. Besides, the Quarantine component has been reworked to become more actionable — it’s now easier to decide upon suspicious objects. Agnitum’s heuristic analyzer, part of Antimalware, has been updated to ensure efficient monitoring of autostarted objects’ behavior on system start-up.
    • Restored Content Filter New! Legacy of Outpost 4.0, Content Filter has been restored in the new version of Outpost. The module analyzes web contents for the presence of defined keywords before a certain page is loaded, and steers the user away from suspicious or abusive sources on the Internet.
    • Extended Anti-Leak capabilities Improved! New types of data leak techniques have been incorporated into Outpost’s Proactive Defense module to ensure up-to-date protection against new attacks employed in zero-day threats. The module’s effectiveness has been proved by successfully deterring new malware samples and passing existing leak tests.
    • Update process Improved! Whenever updates to the main antivirus engine (executable module) become available, they will be automatically applied without the need for user participation (providing, of course, for system reboot). This ensures latest protection is always in place without any hassles from the user’s end.
    • Stability on new platforms Improved! The introduction of new standards to the Outpost 7 lineup make it better compatible and stable running on the new Windows 7 platform, with fewer occurrences of slowdowns and interoperability issues. These changes make Outpost even better positioned to meet the future arrival of new Windows OS.
    • User interface with a facelift Improved!
    The interface changes were designed to reflect the modern Windows 7 look and provide better visibility of product notifications. Redesigned setting panels make program configuration more.

Homepage -
    Code:
    http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost

Outpost Firewall Pro 7.01 3376.514.1234:

changelog:
    The following improvements are introduced:
    · Self-protection mechanism improved (new registry hives are now protected)

The following issues are resolved (only significant ones are listed):
    · Outpost could freeze on starting automatic update

Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0.2.3377.514.1238:

Changes:
    The following improvements are introduced:
    · LNK files integrity control algorithm is implemented in Anti-Spyware to prevent infection by malware based on LNK exploit

The following issues are fixed:
    · Realtek Semiconductor Corp. compromised software certificate is excluded form the trusted vendors list

Thank you Grr& Ashwin, it is very good firewall, but Every time it is in my PC, it slow down my downloading with IDM,

Very strange when I use Bullguard which is incorporated outpost firewall/technology, the downloading runs pretty smooth

Quote Originally Posted by springname View Post
    Thank you Grr& Ashwin, it is very good firewall, but Every time it is in my PC, it slow down my downloading with IDM,

Very strange when I use Bullguard which is incorporated outpost firewall/technology, the downloading runs pretty smooth
    Maybe Bullguard uses an older core (version of Outpost FW) .
    I doubt that Agnitum would be licensing their latest FW to other companies.

Did it slow down the speed when you downloaded files from all websites or

was it slowing downloads from any particular website alone?
    Last edited by Ashwin; 29-07-10 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Maybe Bullguard uses an older core (version of Outpost FW) .
    I doubt that Agnitum would be licensing their latest FW to other companies.

Did it slow down the speed when you downloaded files from all websites or

was it slowing downloads from any particular website alone?
    It is the same case for all, Ashwin

p/s; Also subscribed to yr newsletters
    Last edited by springname; 29-07-10 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by springname View Post
    It is the same case for all, Ashwin
    Well, I used Outpost free until recently. No updates, nag screesns, popups, slowdown at boot-time.
    I am surprised I used it for a week or two
    Didnt experience any slowdown in d/l speed while using the free version. Maybe its the pro version thats causing the problems
    Although I do admire Outpost for one thing, it has one of the strongest self protection ability I have ever seen.

(BTW I am using Comodo free FW now)

p/s; Also subscribed to yr newsletters
    thanks. If you want me to review any particular software, pls do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you Ashwin,

All the best

Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0.4 (3409.520.1244)

Changes
    ability to create rules for domains in РФ (RF, Russia) zone
    Download

Outpost Firewall is considered as the best firewall software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast