Thread: Panda Cloud AV is now compatible with other AVs and anti-spyware

Panda Cloud AV is now compatible with other AVs and anti-spyware

I was reading the change log of Panda cloud at filehippo and one of the changes is given below:

* Ability to run alongside other AVs and Anti-Spyware. Can now be run alongside other security tools and scanners.

Code:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_cloud_antivirus/changelog/
    Its main protection is for people who are connected to the internet. But has good offline protection too.

We dont need to download any updates for database/signatures since it is cloud based.

The bad thing is if you choose to opt out of the Panda community, ie, If you uncheck the option to send anonymous data about infections to Panda, you dont get realtime protection.

I installed it alongside Norton Internet Security to check the compatibility, seems to work fine. Quick scan showed my PC is clean.

Try it if you are interested, it can be downloaded from the filehippo link that I have posted above

Comparison Chart

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9...comparison.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the comparison chart.

Please note that the free version of Panda Cloud AV does not have behavioral analysis or auto USB vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Please note that the free version of Panda Cloud AV does not have behavioral analysis or auto USB vaccination.
    The first part can be taken care if you have free Panda USB Vaccine installed.

Quote Originally Posted by sujay View Post
    The first part can be taken care if you have free Panda USB Vaccine installed.
    I read some reviews about Panda USB vaccine, seems good. Will try it

Frankly speaking I am against the idea of running two AVs on same system regardless of how much compatible they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Frankly speaking I am against the idea of running two AVs on same system regardless of how much compatible they are.
    While I do agree on this point, I think Panda are going the way of Threatfire which is compatible with every AV.
    I do not believe that it has the real-time protection of Threatfire and so everything should be safe.

Ran full scans on my PC yesterday, Panda cloud showed only one threat, the installation package of Globalclipboard, I think it is a false positive.

I have no conflicts with Panda Cloud /Norton, will continue to test it and keep you updated.