Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any freeware app to download driver updates?

try UpdateStar Premium Edition

Quote Originally Posted by fxarena View Post
    try UpdateStar Premium Edition
    I am looking for freewares

edit: Here is a working promo for a 6 months license
    Last edited by Ashwin; 20-11-10 at 10:34 PM.

I just uninstalled DriverMax...its constant nagging, and its insistence on getting itself into my startup programs, was very annoying. I will try UpDateStar; thanks so much for the free promo link!

drive magican ,you can also get pron from may offers

I use UpdateStar Premium Edition too.

SlimDrivers is now freeware

It has only manual updates.

They have a shareware version for automatic updates

Just downloaded and installed Slimdrivers. On my system it didn't find any outdated drivers.
    Good that it got free.

Slimdriver seems to be a nice tool Thanks for the tip!

Been using Drivermax me too before but became tired of the limitations as been said here.
    Like most of these tools and services they have the ability in try to sell and install their software in many different ways in peoples computers. Some are responsible for what they claim and what sources they use but the most of them are unfortunately not much better than using rough software or illegal file sharing. Even it sounds weird there is no one to blame as these vendors that produce new devices have to sell and protecting their legal rights for it.
    It's a kind of greyzone & goodwill but hope these companies keeps up the work in release new updates as long they can in support our stuff

I just started using DriverEasy (). It produces many 'false alarms' (such as presenting me with driver updates older than my current driver) and it inflates the counts of drivers needed by counting multiple devices within the same category. It also doesn't tell you about whether drivers are signed or not, which is something i like about DriverMax. However, unlike DriverMax, it allows for direct, unlimited downloads (although the server can be pretty slow sometimes) with a clear and simple interface. I'd recommend giving the software a try, with the usual caveats about using care when installing drivers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12