Thread: Kaspersky Anti-Virus - new version available

Kaspersky Anti-Virus - new version available

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 11.0.0.232

Download trial version from:
    Code:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_kaspersky_antivir/
    Change log:
    # The following innovations have been introduced in Kaspersky Anti-Virus:

* New protection component of the System Watcher provides monitoring of applications activity in the system and provides detailed information to other protection components. Due to the recoverable history of the applications activity, the component can roll back results of a malicious application's actions when such malicious actions are detected by various protection components.
    * With the help of the Idle Scan module the computer may be scanned for viruses while you are not working on it, then scanning will stop when you return to work. This allows you to perform a scan regularly and at the same time prevents the reduction of the computer running speed when you need it.
    * When Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed on your computer, you can temporarily switch to Kaspersky Internet Security to assess its features. You can also purchase a license for further use of the application. You will not have to install Kaspersky Internet Security apart from Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

Kaspersky Lab releases Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011

Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content management solutions, announces the release of the latest versions of its flagship consumer products Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011. The new products take full advantage of the most innovative cutting-edge technologies to provide more accurate detection and an even faster response to any IT threats.
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011will not just sit idle until the PC becomes infected, the new versions provide real-time proactive protection – constantly monitoring the system to detect any type of potential threats and prevent any destructive activity.
    Press release here :

Code:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/news?id=207576100
    Download Trial setups here

Code:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/kis_latest_versions
    Last edited by Ashwin; 10-06-10 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks Avi. But it is posted here:
    Code:
    http://www.avinashtech.net/security-software-updates/618.htm

& u also forgot to code the links...

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Thanks Avi. But it is posted here:
    Code:
    http://www.avinashtech.net/security-software-updates/618.htm

& u also forgot to code the links...
    LOL..it seems I was too late and in too much hurry. I will merge two threads. May be ashwin can do that as i will be traveling today

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    LOL..it seems I was too late and in too much hurry. I will merge two threads. May be ashwin can do that as i will be traveling today
    Done

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 11.0.0.232

Kaspersky anti-virus protects you from the Phishing and Malware sites that you wouldn't otherwise know were attempting to steal from you.

At the same time, the Kaspersky Security Network allows your computer to report when it discovers a threat that hasn't been seen before. All 250 million Kaspersky users benefit from our combined knowledge!

Kaspersky features include:

* Protects from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware
    * Scans files, email, and internet traffic
    * Protects Instant Messengers
    * Protects From Unknown Threats
    * Analyzes and closes Internet Explorer vulnerabilities
    * Disables links to malware sites / phishing sites
    * Global Threat Monitoring (Kaspersky Security Network)
    * Blocks all types of keyloggers
    * Automatic Database Updates
    * Free Technical Support

Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.

Changes:

- Support of the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 operating system has been added.
    - Support of Microsoft Office 2010 has been added.
    - Support of the Thunderbird 3.0 mail client has been added.
    - The incorrect display of the status of a detected threat (encountered if the object containing the threat is deleted manually before it is deleted by the application) has been fixed.
    - The incorrect display of an object in the list of detected threats after it is deleted, has been fixed.
    - The display of the status of a detected threat in interactive mode after it is added to exclusions, has been fixed.
    - The errors in the display of the computer protection status in the main application window have been fixed.
    - The problem of increased load on the CPU and operating system hang occurring when updating the application, has been fixed.
    - The conflict with torrent clients has been resolved.
    - The information actualization error in the Quarantine window occurring when taking actions on objects (such as restoring, adding, and deleting an object, or clearing the storage area) has been fixed. Previously, the user had to close and then open again the Quarantine window to update the information.

Kaspersky is good but i prefer Eset since its less interrupting, kaspersky popups every time i open an .exe file

Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    Kaspersky is good but i prefer Eset since its less interrupting, kaspersky popups every time i open an .exe file
    Well, even though its personal choice for everyone to choose a AV product. Kaspersky Popups are good in one way compared to no popups. If you do not want the popups, you can disable it easily without going even in options.

I hate those AV products which do everything on own like deleting or quarantining a a file without even asking user if it is a good file. Even though its good when user is novice but for a user above average, this automation is a problem.

Even when I try to open MS Excel it opens a popup, that's troubling for me.

If kaspersky cant certify a Microsoft software that has been scanned during installation and multiple times later is clean and needs to query the user each time then that AV is not for me.

Thats the reason i shifted to less intrusive and more clever security suite. OTOH kaspersky is known to be better at catching rootkits and new types of malware but i dont visit warez sites, so for the time being i will stick with Eset.

Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    Even when I try to open MS Excel it opens a popup, that's troubling for me.

If kaspersky cant certify a Microsoft software that has been scanned during installation and multiple times later is clean and needs to query the user each time then that AV is not for me.

Thats the reason i shifted to less intrusive and more clever security suite. OTOH kaspersky is known to be better at catching rootkits and new types of malware but i dont visit warez sites, so for the time being i will stick with Eset.
    Well, Kaspersky doesnt popup when you open a Microsoft app like MS Excel unless its really infected or its patched using some hack etc or its doing something suspicious. I have never seen a kaspersky popup while opening any Microsoft app.

Also, Just visiting warez sites only wont infect , there are other ways to get infected.

Regarding ESET, yes its a great AV product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast