Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wondershare DemoCreator: Feedback from winners:

Wondershare DemoCreator: Feedback from winners:

Winners of the Wondershare DemoCreator licenses can post your feedback at this thread.

Winners who do not provide feedback will be disqualified from all future giveaways.

Take your time to test the software and give your feedback, this will be useful for the developers to improve their software.

PS: Congratulations to all the winners
    Last edited by Ashwin; 24-06-10 at 10:23 PM.

Expecting some great feedback from winners.

Thumbs up Very much useful tool

Pros
    1. Nice MS Office like interface.
    2. Startup wizard helps to make things even for the not so experienced users.
    3. High quality recording.
    4. Good conversion quality (AVI, MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-2, FLV, 3GP) to publish on Youtube.
    3.Excellent tools for editing. This makes the video more illustrative.
    4. Great .

Cons
    1. During installation opens a webpage once and also once after registration. That is annoying somewhat. It should ask for that.
    2. Stop recording button is often not accessible during recording. I had to use F10 to stop recording.
    3. An option to schedule recording would be appreciable. Like recording for 10 minutes only.
    4. It only converts the video to youtube formats, doesn't upload it. So, you have to open a webpage, login and the upload the video to it.

Avinash,
    Thanks for having the DemoCreator giveaway and thanks to Wondershare.
    Based on generating some short videos and demos, I've found:
    Pros:
    • Works well in Win 7 64-bit and uses a nice MS Office-like interface
    • Wizard allows easy selection of the type of capture as full screen, sized, or application
    • Video quality is good with an adequate variety of video formats available
    • Good collection of tools for augmenting the demos
    • I like that it is SCORM compliant for education materials

Cons:
    • I had some problems with the recorded cursor being different from the on-screen cursor
    • Audio controls are not very straight forward; making sure the mike is on and recording
    • Better volume control and audio parameter controls would be useful.

Looks like I could use this program for some education and information materials I have to put together.
    After I get a bit more experience with it could go from good to great.
    Regards,
    willieboy

Thank you for the feedback guys. Still waiting to hear from other winners including some forum members.

Very good demo software

Pros:
    1. Ability to adjust the zoom setting when editing the demo. This comes in handy if you recorded in full screen mode because you do not have to scroll to view the entire image.

2. The recording can automatically identify the object type and description and add a balloon with this information to your demo when you click on it. On the program I was testing it on, it knew I selected "buttons", "Tabs", "radio buttons". For example the demo would add a balloon pointing to where I had clicked the mouse that said "Click Yes radio button".This can save you quite bit of time as you do not have to add this information.

3. The option to add buttons(controls) which will cause the demo to pause until pushed can make it interactive.

4. High customizable. The user can change the shape, style, color and more for the text and markup areas.

5. The demo can be published in a wide variety of formats.

6. The demo can be resized in scale and quality. This can make for smaller mailable files which do not have to be viewed at the resolution the demo was recorded at.

7. Configurable hot keys to control recording. Very useful if you are recording the entire desktop as recording controls will not be visible.

8. An Undo setting.

9. Ability to change the mouse path if recorded in Screen Shot mode. Yes, you heard me correctly

Cons:
    1. When Recording in Screen Shot mode the image quality can be a little soft and compression artifacts can sometimes be seen especially around text. It would be nice if there were a lossless setting if quality was a priority.

2. Some of the publishing formats uses an Xvid codec which is not native to Windows and might require that someone install a codec in order to view a demo.

3. No "Panning" capture mode where a fixed size window follows the mouse. I personally do not care much for this mode, as I can find it a little confusing when viewing a demo. It can however, result in extremely small files as you do not have to capture the entire desktop even if you move the mouse all over the screen.
    Last edited by Avinash; 06-07-10 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Thank you for the feedback guys. Still waiting to hear from other winners including some forum members.
    Avi Pardon me, but i'm going to be late in posting my feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Avi Pardon me, but i'm going to be late in posting my feedback.
    Take your time. I am in no hurry. I know you will posting your feedback soon.

There are two software categories which have close relationship regarding screen activity: screen capture and screen recorder. Wondershare DemoCreator is categorized in screen recorder field. Indeed, it can be said as a professional tool for creating demo/tutorial. Thus, the labeled price is intended for those who have pro income too.

Installation process itself ran smooth but right before it would be finished, there was an offer for Wondershare Rapid E-learning Suite and after it was finished, there was some sort of setting so that our browser would open Wondershare homepage which listing their products. Since Wondershare is well known as a company which quite active to arrange promotion or giveaway, in my opinion it is acceptable and no need to be considered as Bad Behaviour.

Plus:

• Recording area can be determined freely: application, custom, and full screen.
    • DemoCreator takes MS Office 2007 User Interface so users who already familiar with MS Office 2007 will not need much time to get accustomed to.
    • Can Undo and Redo.
    • Hotkeys function.
    • Taskbar/toolbar from where user can start or edit project, insert flash animation, image and sound.
    • We can preview the project before publishing it.
    • Publishes project as flash animation, video, LMS, E-mail attachment, and stand alone EXE file.
    • Fine quality of output file.

Minus:

• Seems to be having minor bug. Not only maximized window size does not fully cover desktop's top part, but also over the taskbar area.
    • Screen capture feature can not catch taskbar area, nor system tray.
    • I published a video in AVI format but Windows Media Player 11 could not open it. From KL Mega Codec Pack and video setting, the video codec being used was revealed as xVid. Wondershare should have chosen standard codec to guarantee project can be opened by any multimedia program.
    • No theme/skin choice. Usually, a software which take MS Office theme also give few skin alternatives.

Digressed tought from an amateur
    :

• Although DemoCreator is not built for focusing on screen capture field, actually this feature is still provided from Insert Image Toolbar. I think Wondershare would still have nothing to lose if they integrate screen capture function into shell extension menu. So that user can capture object anytime, without the must to open the program first. Of course, after they polish its ability to catch taskbar and system tray first.
    • As long as we use DemoCreator as evaluation version, then besides it will only work for 14 days, there will also be watermark added. Wondershare should share this to a registered user who want to fill in their own watermark.

Thank you guys for your feedback. Feedbacks like these help me get more Giveaways and provides a bit of motivation to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast