Thread: Primary harddisk failed & can't access secondary HardDisk

Primary harddisk failed & can't access secondary HardDisk

Code:
    Hi. I have a computer with two harddisks installed in it. One of them was the primary harddisk which had Windows installed in it, and the other was the secondary harddisk which had all of my personal files installed in it. The primary harddisk (the one with Windows installed in it), and i can't get into the desktop in order to make a copy of all the files in my seocndary harddisk.

What can I do in order to somehow access the files in my secondary harddisk? Can I remove the seocndary harddisk and install it into another computer and access it from there or will I have to reformat and all that stuff and therefore lose all my info?

Thanks

Avinash Guest

Re: Primary harddisk failed & can't access secondary HardDisk

If your BIOS is fine and you can startup your system ( i mean just the initial display) and it can detect a bootable device like a CD/DVD, then you can easily boot your System using a live LINUX CD e.g. UBUNTU live CD is good enough for you.

Boot your system using one of these live CD and then you can get your secondary hard disk data back. May be the primary data too if only certain portions of primary HD is affected e.g. just boot sectors.

Another option is to plug the HD into another system to get the data back.