Thread: Question on use of WinX DVD ripper

Exclamation Question on use of WinX DVD ripper

Hello,

I tried ripping a book DVD of size 2.96Gb using WinX DVD Ripper Platinum version 5.8.3 Build 20100129

The result was a file of just 43mb (type as .avi). When i tried to play & check the output avi file I see that it is just some part & no the complete rip of the DVD.

Question: am I doing something wrong?

Please help.

Thanks, Grr

EDIT: DVD structure/contents:

Last edited by Grr; 05-07-10 at 12:39 PM.

Well, may be Ashwin could help you in that. I rarely use DVDs and ripping. Anyway, You didnt told us what steps you followed for ripping it (I mean if they are different from what we normally do) and perhaps we would be able to answer it more correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Well, may be Ashwin could help you in that. I rarely use DVDs and ripping. Anyway, You didnt told us what steps you followed for ripping it (I mean if they are different from what we normally do) and perhaps we would be able to answer it more correctly.
    Ok, here r the steps:

1. open software
    2. load DVD disc
    3. select output format as to AVI
    4. Start.

Rest all settings r default. I only changed the output folder.

Just a small guess, If the DVD is all right, I mean no scratches etc? As if its not, may be the ripping is getting interrupted in between. You can then try creating a image of DVD and then Mounting it using Virtual drive like Daemon tools and then do the ripping.

Just a wild guess though. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Read the user guide, maybe that could help you

Exactly same steps. Only problem is that i cannot see different titles as in Step-3 above. it may not be applicable as it is not a movie.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Just a small guess, If the DVD is all right, I mean no scratches etc? As if its not, may be the ripping is getting interrupted in between. You can then try creating a image of DVD and then Mounting it using Virtual drive like Daemon tools and then do the ripping.

Just a wild guess though. Hope it helps.
    Just finished creating an image using Alcohol. But have no mounting tool installed..

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Just finished creating an image using Alcohol. But have no mounting tool installed..
    Just use Daemon tools lite. Its free

Just use Daemon tools lite. Its free
    You should try Virtual clone drive. I have been using it for 6 years.
    Excellent freeware

well thanks guys. the problem is solved now.

I saw that by default WinX DVD ripper selects only 1st title, and so now i know the reason for it not ripping it fully.

Problem Solved.