Thread: BitdefenderIS2010 or KasperskyIS2010?

BitdefenderIS2010 or KasperskyIS2010?

Hi All, I want to use BitdefenderIS2010 or KasperskyIS2010. Which one is best? Plz suggest one of the best between BIS2010 or KIS2010.

Avinash Guest

Re: BitdefenderIS2010 or KasperskyIS2010?

Quote Originally Posted by bkgzb
    Hi All, I want to use BitdefenderIS2010 or KasperskyIS2010. Which one is best? Plz suggest one of the best between BIS2010 or KIS2010.
    Well, it depends more on personal preference. Both are almost neck to neck in terms of performance with small variations in different parameters (when it comes to performance).

You can see comparison of these at below URL.

Code:
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/

well i personally like kis a lot , but depends on your opinion and on your ease at handling the av's so would be better if you can say somthing about your past experince with theese av's/IS , also your computer config will play in deciding the I.S

I would go with KIS for the fact it was so stable when I used it, BD was too but seemed to sap resources more so than KIS. They are very close as Avinash stated so really, I don't know what to say for sure except that on a personal level, I would go with KIS all the way. I have used it, trusted it, found it to be one if not the best AV detection engines out there. That said, I have nothing against BD either and would use that as well, but not my first choice, as I said, more resources and at times was a bit quirky on start up and when running apps. Nothing major but enough that it would affect my decision.

Paul

I have used KIS on my friend's PC and it is fast and effectively removes threats. Bit defender on the other hand might be a bit heavy on resources. It depends on your computer's hardware.
    Before you buy one, I suggest you download a trial version of each and use it, dont use both at the same time though, they might conflict.

There are loads of links on Avinashtech.com to download Kaspersky, try one

RE: BitdefenderIS2010 or KasperskyIS2010?

I dont know if you have bought BDIS or KIS, but i have returned my BDIS key to Mike after facing problems with BitDefender.

Scans were time-consuming and BD seemed to slow down by bootup.
    Reverting to Norton now.

I shouldnt have criticized Norton earlier, my apologies.
    Norton is way better than BD, (atleast for me)

If you try bitdefender and decide you like it I can put a key in your name thats good for another 999 days. I tried Kaspersky 2010 also and it slowed my computer way down. I believe I have a Kaspersky internet security 2010 key thats also good for another 8 months if you decide on it.

MIKE

Avinash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrm52858
    If you try bitdefender and decide you like it I can put a key in your name thats good for another 999 days. I tried Kaspersky 2010 also and it slowed my computer way down. I believe I have a Kaspersky internet security 2010 key thats also good for another 8 months if you decide on it.

MIKE
    Well, My experience with KIS far better than any other AV suite for last 1 year at least. My KIS key is still valid for more than 6 months otherwise would have asked you for it

I would love to hear the situation or a bit of description of the slowdown that happened on your system.

Please take your time to visit the following links to find out which anti-virus softwares were found to be the best and the worst

Awards for best anti-virus softwares
    Code:
     http://www.anti-malware-test.com/?q=node/180
    Recommended free security softwares
    Code:
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/probably-best-free-security-list-world.htm