Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mediaraptor: Feedback from winners:

Media Raptor user review

User Interface:

The interface of Media Raptor is good, although I wish there was an option to change skins.
    I also wish that the interface was a bit smaller in size, kind of large window by default and I could resize it only to a little extent.

Searching and recording files:

You can search for files by artist/title name. Results can be filtered to show
    1. Videos and Mp3s
    2. Videos only
    3. MP3s only

You need to download and install plugins to download mp3s. (explained below in this post)

You can also filter results by bitrate,minimum rating (stars) and exact match of keywords

After the search has been completed, you can examine which ones have a good rating.
    Just select the file and left click on "Record" button or right click and click on "Record selected item". You can organise the files that you downloaded through the interface or through the default "My music" folder found in My documents,

There is also an option for converting the files to differen formats like Mp3,Wmv , mp4 etc.
    But I use different conversion softwares for that.

My personal usage experience with Media raptor:

I wanted to download a song which I couldnt find in many websites, I decided to try my luck with media raptor that I won at the blog. Well I couldnt find it, but still I got to know how to download mp3 files with media raptor.

At first, I tried to search for a few mp3 songs. Not a single one was found. Then I tried searching for lots of popular artists/songs. Not even a single mp3 was found, but I got lots of videos in the search results.

I clicked on options->plugins and found that the pre-installed plugins just had links to download files from video sharing sites and no mp3 sites were available. Then I clicked on the "Learn more about plugins" button and it opened up a page in my browser. It had a link to an Audials forum page and I saw that they had some links to download plugin pack for Audials one and Media Raptor.

Sorry I cant share the direct link here , since it is hosted on a filesharing website, but here is the link to the forum page

Downloaded the pack which was 3mb in size and double clicked on it and it was instantly loaded to media raptor, and this time I was able to get mp3 files in serach results.

I clicked on a song which had a 4 star rating. Recording was smooth and I was able to play the file from Media raptor player. (right hand side)

Overall I would say this is a unique product and a very good one too

Thanks to Avinash for organising the giveaway and Audials for providing the license

Thanks Ashwin for a detailed feedback.

Had to do a system restore when my computer crashed so no longer have Mediaraptor installed. I never got a chance to try it much.

Exclamation

Audials Mediaraptor 8

Review by Grr

Version:

A-On the Setup

1. allows installing on PC drive as well as removable drive. Default is PC drive
    2. LAME encoder installation is pre-checked
    3. Sending anonymous usage statistics is pre-checked.
    4. Installs VC++ 2008
    5. Almost took 5-6 minutes to install.
    6. First Installation crashed!! HUH
    7. No desktop shortcut, or quick launch
    8. Huge installation size, 240Mb
    9. Installs audialsTV without any prompt!!

B-Usage, Features

Crashed again and again. Cannot use it. Sent the crash reports to the developer using the interface prompt.

Thanks,
    Grr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12