Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Comodo Firewall

Exclamation Question on Comodo Firewall

Hello,

I have a question pertaining to Comodo firewall.

How to configure the firewall (set to Custom Policy Mode) for wuauclt.exe process, so that firewall should ask every time whether to allow execution of this process or not?

Thanks,
    Grr

That is the Windows Auto Update client file, does it permanently run on your PC ?

Usually it doesnt run permanently.If it does, it could be an infection.

Read the below thread at the Microsoft forum

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    That is the Windows Auto Update client file, does it permanently run on your PC ?

Usually it doesnt run permanently.If it does, it could be an infection.

Read the below thread at the Microsoft forum

It doesn't runs all the times. But when it runs it slows the PC and hard-disk activity increases. SO when doing critical work I would like to block it from running.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    It doesn't runs all the times. But when it runs it slows the PC and hard-disk activity increases. SO when doing critical work I would like to block it from running.
    You can set this to manual in services inside control panel and run it when you want instead of automatically.

Disable Windows Automatic Update and check if it fixes the issue.

Guys I know abt disabling in the Services, but is there a way firewall could be used to block it?

Guys I know abt disabling in the Services, but is there a way firewall could be used to block it?
    You need to create a custom rule for that application. As far as I know you can do that in Comodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    You need to create a custom rule for that application. As far as I know you can do that in Comodo.
    Mamu bole tu How?

Open Comodo>Firewall>Advanced>Network Security Policy> Application rules

Now press ctrl + f and type win.

"Windows updater applications " should automatically appear. Press enter key

Right click on Windows updater applications and select edit. It should have an option "Allow TCP or UDP Out from......."

Just select edit and change the option from Allow to ASK. Click apply and ok for it to take effect.

Pls post feedback if it fixes the issue.

If not we will try something else

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Open Comodo>Firewall>Advanced>Network Security Policy> Application rules

Now press ctrl + f and type win.

"Windows updater applications " should automatically appear. Press enter key

Right click on Windows updater applications and select edit. It should have an option "Allow TCP or UDP Out from......."

Just select edit and change the option from Allow to ASK. Click apply and ok for it to take effect.

Pls post feedback if it fixes the issue.

If not we will try something else
    It was already set as Ask but for out only. Now set it for both out+in. Lets c what happens.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

It was already set as Ask but for out only. Now set it for both out+in. Lets c what happens.
    It is not working. The process just showed back in taskmanager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast