Thread: Piriform will release new major versions of CCleaner & Defraggler in a few months

Piriform will release new major versions of CCleaner & Defraggler in a few months

CCleaner v3.0 and Defraggler v2.0
    Some exciting news for fans of our flagship products. In the next couple of months we will be releasing new major versions of both CCleaner and Defraggler!
    Our developers and testers have been work hard to get the code ready and fully optimized. The full list of changes isn't ready yet, but the key improvements are listed below.

CCleaner v3.0
    - Native 64-bit EXE
    - GUI Redesign

Defraggler v2.0
    - Boot-time Defrag
    - Drive map Redesign

We'll keep you updated via the website and newsletter on exact dates as they become available.

Source:

Both products are top priority freewares on my computers

I hope Boot-time Defrag could be used to defrag pagefile
    Last edited by Ashwin; 08-09-10 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I hope Boot-time Defrag could be used to defrag pagefile
    Try UltraDefrag if you want to defrag pagefile. It is an opensource defrag tool

PS: Sorry, instead of reply I accidentally clicked on edit post. That why your post says edited by ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Try UltraDefrag if you want to defrag pagefile. It is an opensource defrag tool

PS: Sorry, instead of reply I accidentally clicked on edit post. That why your post says edited by ashwin
    and did u ever try to defrag pagefile?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    and did u ever try to defrag pagefile?
    No I haven't tried it.

According to their support page: "UltraDefrag is the first open source disk defragmenter for Windows which supports defragmentation of system locked files by running during the Windows boot process. Actually all files including registry hives and pagefile can be defragmented at Windows boot time"