Thread: What are your favorite Google Chrome Extensions (addons)

What are your favorite Google Chrome Extensions (addons)

You guys know my fav Firefox addons, lately I've been using Google Chrome and found some cool extensions (addons) for it. Would love to see your favs too

AdBlock
    AdBlock for Chrome! Blocks ads all over the web. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our users!

AdThwart
    Blocks ads using the Firefox AdBlock Plus filter engine. Kiss ads goodbye and browse in peace!

FastestChrome - Browse Faster
    Save time and enhance your productivity! Get quick definitions, auto-load next pages, search faster, and more.

FreshStart - Cross Browser Session Manager
    Chrome's save and quit sucks. I use this extension to save a set of open tabs in case I wanna visit the pages later. You can save many sessions

LastPass
    LastPass is a free password manager and form filler. LastPass is also available for Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari.

Quick Tabs
    Displays a list of tabs that are open/closed

Safety - LinkExtend
    Get safety rating for a site and in Google search results based on seven top ratings sources including WOT, Norton, Mcafee Siteadvisor

Sexy Undo Close Tab
    Adds a button to Chrome, when you left click on it you will see the list of tabs that you closed during that session. Also displays when you closed a tab, eg: 10 mins ago

Speed Dial
    Speed Dial for Chrome - replace Chrome new tab with your predefined visual bookmarks.

TooManyTabs for Chrome
    Manage your tabs, improve your browsing, and maintain your sanity when you have many tabs open.

WOT (Web of Trust)

Xmarks Bookmark and Password Sync
    Backup and sync your bookmarks, passwords and open tabs across computers and browsers. Xmarks is also available for Firefox, Safari and IE

YouTube Downloader
    Save any video from YouTube on your computer

Visit this page from Google Chrome to search for the above addons and install them
    Last edited by Ashwin; 12-09-10 at 06:20 PM.

Right now on my chrome :

google translate

measureit

WOT

Firebug

Chrome seo

Alexa

Obviously all of them are related one way or other to my blog work.

Avi, Chrome has its own built-in translator. How does the Translate extension differ from that?

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Avi, Chrome has its own built-in translator. How does the Translate extension differ from that?
    well, Frankly speaking I couldnt find much difference except a options page. Also, the extension is developed by google and hence it exists for a reason which we still need to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    well, Frankly speaking I couldnt find much difference except a options page. Also, the extension is developed by google and hence it exists for a reason which we still need to find out.
    Yes thats what I was wondering about.

The extension's page shows the date March 04, 2010, maybe the Chrome versions that came after that had the built-in translator.

I had not even use The Latest Google Chrome until now dude..
    I had ever used it but it's long time ago..hehehe..

THX, LJBU!