Thread: Bitedefender Internet Security 2010 offline update

Bitedefender Internet Security 2010 offline update

Hi! I want to save update definition file of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 to my hard drive and want to use this update definition offline to another computer. I want to something like Kaspersky do Update online and save the Update file in application data folder for future use. Plz. Help.

Avinash Guest

Re: Biedefender Internet Security 2010 offline update

Quote Originally Posted by bkgzb
    Hi! I want to save update definition file of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 to my hard drive and want to use this update definition offline to another computer. I want to something like Kaspersky do Update online and save the Update file in application data folder for future use. Plz. Help.
    Well, As far as i remember saving virus definition files and then using those files on another computer is only possible in case of Norton.

And if you are talking about offline update of Bitdefender , then may be i will try to have a look at it if it is possible or not as i have rarely used Bitdefender. For kaspersky as you said, offline update is possible and i have written a detailed post on that too.

If the offline update of bitdefender is possible i will write how to do it.

Avinash Guest

It seems its possible to offline update bitdefender internet security 2010 manually . A detailed instruction on how to do it is given below.

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB27-en--How- ... y.exe.html

The update files can be found here.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/De ... dates.html

Hope this solves your problem.

BIS 2010 Automatic Update file to save in Hard Disk

Hi Avinash! I thank you for reply. I know that i can download weekly.exe from Bitdefender site and install the latest virus definition. But i want to save the definition file to hard disk when BIS2010 automatic update run like I done in Kaspersky 2010. Where BIS2010 update file download and install?

Avinash Guest

Re: BIS 2010 Automatic Update file to save in Hard Disk

Hi Avinash! I thank you for reply. I know that i can download weekly.exe from Bitdefender site and install the latest virus definition. But i want to save the definition file to hard disk when BIS2010 automatic update run like I done in Kaspersky 2010. Where BIS2010 update file download and install?
    Hi mate, i have merged the two threads. Please dont open new threads for same question or followup of that.

Regarding saving virus definition files on hard disk, iI had already told you in first reply, that its not possible except in Norton. Still i will try to look whether its possible with some hack etc.

Re: Norton IS 2010 update file to Hard Disk

How can i save Norton IS 2010 Virus Definition files to hard disk when it update from LiveUpdate?

Avinash Guest

Re: Norton IS 2010 update file to Hard Disk

How can i save Norton IS 2010 Virus Definition files to hard disk when it update from LiveUpdate?
    In previous versions of Norton antivirus , the virus defnitions are stored at :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\

But with 2010 versions, they have perhaps integrated the definitions in core files , making it faster compared to previous versions.

These days , its like almost everything needs internet access and not possible offline.