Thread: Quodlibet

Quodlibet

Hi

t easily scales to libraries of thousands of songs. It also supports most of the features you expect from a modern media player, like Unicode support, multimedia keys, and tag editing.

Quod Libet is a GTK+-based audio player written in Python, using the Mutagen tagging library. It's designed around the idea that you know how to organize your music better than we do. It lets you make playlists based on regular expressions (don't worry, regular searches work too). It lets you display and edit any tags you want in the file. And it lets you do this for all the file formats it supports -- Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, Musepack, and MOD.

Quod Libet have been tested on many GNU/Linux distributions, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Windows. Anywhere with GTK+ 2.10, Python, and an OSS or ALSA compatible audio device should be able to use it.

Some screenshots of Quodlibet can be found at softpedia

and the download page

@ha14 have you used this music player, is it better than The KM Player

Hi
    Quod Libet will let it lets you search titles and view them as you like, Instead of classify titles by style, album, artist. It also supports most of the features you expect from a modern media player, like Unicode support, multimedia keys, and tag editing. And it lets you do this for all the file formats it supports—Ogg Vorbis, FLAC , MP3, Musepack, and MOD . Its impressive flexibility in dealing with metadata makes Quod Libet THE player for listening to classical music. You can actually search for tracks according to any criteria.

For instance just see the Preferences, tab Library, and check the Save ratings. This way, ratings should be stored into ID3v2 Popularimeter tag associated to the e-mail address you've entered. The problem is that some players will not accept it or they will crash!

Ex Falso is a program that uses the same tag editing backend as Quod Libet, but isn’t connected to an audio player. If you’re perfectly happy with your favorite player and just want something that can handle tagging, Ex Falso is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    @ha14 Sounds good, I'll try it soon
    lol...so when is ur next format date?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    lol...so when is ur next format date?
    its an open source media player and I listen to a lot of music.

Currently have The KM player on my pc, no other media player. Not even Windows media Player

Quote Originally Posted by ha14 View Post
    Hi
    t easily scales to libraries of thousands of songs. It also supports most of the features you expect from a modern media player, like Unicode support, multimedia keys, and tag editing.
    Can this properly tag tamil and other indian language songs, i have many of these songs which are untagged and are not easily searchable after i transfer them to my ipod

Not sure you have to test it or contact their support.

Quote Originally Posted by ha14 View Post
    Not sure you have to test it or contact their support.
    downloaded and tried. works great, previously was using mp3tag to get the songs properly tagged but Quodlibet is much more intutitive

Thanks for posting the link