As far as my experience goes, I strongly recommend "RIP Linux" and here is my story why I'm recommending it. Long story short (not that short)....
Few months back, suddenly my system stopped working . It starts and the boots upto bios menu, after that it hangs there and my hard drive starts making some serious racing noise, after that I smelled something is burning and I switched off the power. Then took it to a computer shop for repair. He said your hard disk is burnt and we can't guarantee about the presence of the data. After repairing it, they fully formatted my HDD and gave back to me. Now I'm happy coz the system's back again. But my sis isn't happy as she lost her 5 year songs collection ranging from oldies to latest ones. As usual if your sis isn't happy it will affect you too....(Coz... she keeps on scolding me and follow Gandhiji's law... Non-Cooperation movement, and refuses to listen to me)

I tried GetDataBack, Easeus, Paragon, Pandora, Recuva.... what not. I tried every windows software but none helped me. Recuva recovered some files but they were corrupted. For 1 month, I wasn't able to recover anything successfully and then I came to know that, as I use the system more, HDD will be rewrited again and again and eventually the old files will be deleted permanently. After 1 month, I heard about "RIP Linux" and gave it try. Voila, it recovered files successfully. Not all of the files were recovered. But photos, videos and license keys (A text file that I saved) were recovered.

This incident taught me two lessons :
1. Always backup important data, like family photos and videos and important documents. Coz, no one knows when the disaster will struck
2. Use RIP Linux as soon as possible, once your hard drive is up again. So, that the data present on the disk is not rewrited again and again which eventually lead to loss of data permanently.