Have to say I wont leave XP for some time just because of Windows 7 is new. In my opinion, it still to much alike Vista and lack many things that should be better if make a new OS...For instance the Clipboard manager, Explorer, services, easiness in find settings.

It was not more than a enhanced makeup on Vista to look good on the surface. If security are so important there's only one right thing to do in fixing it for vast majority of users, than let MS playing with extra permissions UAC and stuff that tighten the freedom to use computers and that is to cut the cord to internet for computers that have additional installed software (as computers like this will never be safe to work with). And keep one extra computer for daily use with only few trusted installed software and keep it clean with backup solutions like Acronis or similar in get it back in 100% clean state every time it has to be used on internet. Then nothing can survive that comes in and can't make any harm.

As there will always be a risk that things we treat as "malicious" or not yet having knowledge about wants to reach whats desirable even we use security software or even from inside virtual environments towards the real installed system. There is no chance to trust it and therefor only one best solution to pull the outbound cord to internet.
Myself I don't even trust the security vendors I'm using, why should I
Do we trust these companies only because they dealing with security and having security in their names, that would be gullible of us if we keep on like that.

Sorry for come Off Topic from the subject