Thread: What a difference a year's worth of promos makes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What a difference a year's worth of promos makes

All I can say is WOW!

I finally kept my promise to myself and restored my system partition to an image made back in Nov 2009 (that's just before I installed a Returnil promo... and my machine was always a little flaky after that even after an uninstall with Revo.. Bad Returnil )

I feel a little bit naked now and notice just how many installed promo programs I've accumulated in 16 months.

See that's what happens when you regularly visit a forum like this one. "
    "Oh, look! gotta get a license for THAT!"
    I don't remember all the details, but before I did the restore, I had about 60-70 processes running under XP SP3 all the time with a baseline of 500-600 MB RAM in use.

Last night, with only Notepad and Task Manager running -- no AV installed -- TM reported this:

Handles 7,895
    Threads 402
    Processes 37

Commit Charge 241,912

Kernel 59,012
    Paged 46,012
    Nonpaged 12,9884

PF Usage 236 MB
    Now I get to determine which programs I actually will reinstall. I think I'll just ask myself as I go down the list of asking just how often I actually used such and such app.

And in case you're wondering why no AV was installed on that image, whenever I'm about to install a new AV I always completely uninstall what I was using before and then make a system image... just in case. Makes life much easier.
    Last edited by jelson; 03-03-11 at 01:48 PM.