Thread: When is a help a real help?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When is a help a real help?

Weird question right. But I've been facing this issue. Not only me, this may be the case with many of you also. So, the question is When to help and when not to help?

Everybody encourages helping others. Helping others is a way to show our attitude towards them. But, as every coin has two sides, helping has also two sides. On one side helping has positive effects and on the other side helping has negative effects. Example for positive effects... Helping in Education, Helping those who are needy etc etc... By helping you make others better.

The negative point is very interesting, By helping you are making others lazy (Out of their lazyness they are asking you for help). By your help they are not knowing their responsibilities etc etc. By helping you are degrading others.

So, my request to you all, you must have faced this kind of situation in your lives. How you've dealt with this issue? and how to gently turn down others' request when you know that your help is not really a help?
    Last edited by Samuel; 10-03-11 at 10:38 AM.