Thread: Test your Antivirus and Firewall.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @vivek: The usage of a Firewall depends on the purpose you use your computer for.
    If you use it just for browsing pages and searching for stuffs, the practically windows firewall that comes in handy with your os is just enough.
    But if you use up your system for testing out things and for buying or selling online, then its damn sure that you need a best firewall for it.

My personal preference is Online Armour. Both free and paid versions are good. Outpost Firewall is equally good, but doesn't attract me to the extend as Online Armour.

P.S:- The rule of Raymond.cc is simple. "No posting of Avinashtech stuffs here". Posting Raymond's articles here isn't considered offensive as far as i know. And for an info, nobody there is spying here as they (including me) have already left the matter. Avinash too confirmed his part that he don't have any problem in posting Raymond.cc articles here. So i don't find a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    @vivek: The usage of a Firewall depends on the purpose you use your computer for.
    If you use it just for browsing pages and searching for stuffs, the practically windows firewall that comes in handy with your os is just enough.
    But if you use up your system for testing out things and for buying or selling online, then its damn sure that you need a best firewall for it.

My personal preference is Online Armour. Both free and paid versions are good. Outpost Firewall is equally good, but doesn't attract me to the extend as Online Armour.

P.S:- The rule of Raymond.cc is simple. "No posting of Avinashtech stuffs here". Posting Raymond's articles here isn't considered offensive as far as i know. And for an info, nobody there is spying here as they (including me) have already left the matter. Avinash too confirmed his part that he don't have any problem in posting Raymond.cc articles here. So i don't find a problem with it.
    Hey kavin thanks friend for your suggestion,but I am still not convinced between firewalls of online armor[don't get me wrong OA firewall is top-class no doubts about it],Sygate,Jotti and Outpost.I am searching for it.
    As far a Raymond.cc rule is that you can post links to his site not the entire articles here itself,I hope it clear now!
    BTW welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Hey kavin thanks friend for your suggestion,but I am still not convinced between firewalls of online armor[don't get me wrong OA firewall is top-class no doubts about it],Sygate,Jotti and Outpost.I am searching for it.
    As far a Raymond.cc rule is that you can post links to his site not the entire articles here itself,I hope it clear now!
    BTW welcome to the forum.
    A polite request, lets not deviate from the topic here. It might confuse new members. Let us head over to general chit chat and discuss about other websites :-)
    Last edited by Avinash; 18-06-10 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    A polite request, lets not deviate from the topic here. It might confuse new members. Let us head over to general chit chat and discuss about other websites :-)
    Sorry Ashwin,If I deviated from the original topic,I said these in support,no confusion was intended for new members

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Sorry Ashwin,If I deviated from the original topic,I said these in support,no confusion was intended for new members
    Oh no i dont have any problems, what i meant was, if any new member followed the title of the thread to test his security and read the comments, he would become confused.

We can start a topic under General chat about what we should share at Avtech forum, if you are interested i.e

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Oh no i dont have any problems, what i meant was, if any new member followed the title of the thread to test his security and read the comments, he would become confused.

We can start a topic under General chat about what we should share at Avtech forum, if you are interested i.e
    Agreed pal.