Greetings,
I'm having a problem with my Acer Aspire One netbook with XP home edition. To make a long story short, it basically won't boot. When I start it, I get a quick flash of blue screen (cannot make out what it says since it is so fast) and then goes to black screen stating there is an issue and has options to start in safe mode, etc. After any option I select it restarts and loops back to this same screen. I cannot boot in safe mode.
I haven't had any problems with the computer until I installed a free version of Bitdefender 2009 (off bitdefender website) that I planned to use as a scanner only- as advertised, in conjunction to my regular AV (Panda cloud pro). After rebooting the computer following installation, my resolution was low (800x600?- or equivalent- sorry don't remember exactly) and I was not able to change it. I tried to uninstall the bitdefender but it locked up and I had to reboot. After rebooting I loaded Comodo uninstaller and noticed that bitdefender was still partially there , so I forced it to uninstall. It worked for a little while but then sporadic things started happening after reboots like no sound, error messages such as lsass.exe system error- the endpoint format is invalid, something about hal.dll. I then ran CC cleaner, Glary utilities- registry cleaner and here I am, not able to boot at all.
If at all possible, I would like to avoid to have to do a complete re-install to prevent losing data and I have tinkered with Hiren's CD boot earlier today, but I do not know how to use it for this problem or if it is even the right tool for it.
I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.