Thread: Which internetsecurity should i buy.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I recommend NIS 2011 soon to be NIS 2012 this fall (You'll get a free upgrade) or KIS 2012. I personally use NIS 2011 because it uses less resources and has faster scans on my machine. I switched to KIS but after my subscription was up went back to NIS. Both are good programs that provide good security, good detection rates and neither report too many false positives. Either one is good in my opinion. But like I said, I prefer NIS simply because it is faster and uses less resources. You can always narrow down your choices then check online reviews of the products that use in-depth comparisons as far as comparing detection rates, scan speeds, system resource use etc. and find the one best suited for your needs.

I have heard ESET Smart Security is good as well as Nikhil has stated, but I have not personally tried it. It's also a not a bad idea to add Malwarebytes, Emsisoft, SAS, or another similar Anti-malware program for additional detection (those are just a few, there are many good ones out there, and many good free ones), however please be sure that if you have a main Internet Security Program or Anti-virus to have your supplemental active protection turned off and just use on-demand scans while always leaving your main security program active.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 28-08-11 at 07:47 PM.