Thread: Roboform 7 Pro: Discussion and Review/ feedback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roboform 7 Pro: Discussion and Review/ feedback

After winning a license to Roboform, I was excited to try it out. The install went perfect without a hitch. Roboform was up and running and all I had to do was find a way to import all my passwords. Although roboform gives a good number of import/export options from many programs, it did not have the option to import them from Sticky Password which is what I normally use. I did try to export them out of sticky password as a txt file and an xml file but was unsuccessful in importing them into roboform.

I finally decided to export my file to lastpass and then import them into roboform from lastpass which did end up working.

I have yet to run into a website that roboform has trouble with although there may be some out there. I know that I have run into a few sites that sticky password has trouble with. Either way I am very happy with that part of the program.

The one downfall to roboform that I see and have been unsuccessful in figuring out a workaround is that on firefox you must keep the toolbar open at all times to have access to the button to click to enter your password. I am not very fond of toolbars but I am still hoping there is a workaround for it. That is where sticky password has one up on roboform. Sticky password has a small icon that sits up at the top of the screen where you can just click it and access your password info.

All in all Roboform is a great program that just plain works on most all sites. The only downside if there is one is the toolbar. They need to make a roboform button.
    Last edited by TeXaCo; 25-11-11 at 08:03 AM.