Thread: IE In-Private browsing question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Grr,

Here is a simple way that you can directly open IE in Private browsing mode.

You can create a special Private Browsing shortcut that you can place on your desktop so when you click on the Internet Explorer shortcut icon, it will start your session with In-Private browsing.
    To do this, follow these steps:
    1) Right-click on the Desktop, click New, Shortcut
    2) In the box type "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore" -private Alternatively you can type "C\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private
    3) Name the shortcut Internet Explorer (Private) or whatever you want to and click Finish. Hope that helps

Sources:

Update: Looks like Ashwin beat me to the punch on the reply, we must have been posting at the same time. Sorry about that Ashwin.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 03-12-11 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Updated that Ashwin posted solution first

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

Update: Looks like Ashwin beat me to the punch on the reply, we must have been posting at the same time. Sorry about that Ashwin.
    No problem Jeremy

But my post's format got messed up and it all ended in the same line. Weird.

Fixed it now