Ok damein personally i do not use a offline email or email clients. Now except for dr web no other av until i know of can scan ssl based emails. Now kaspersky canscan ssl connections but do not no about an email. You have to rely on thunderbird's junk filter to remove spam. Dont worry any virus which will become active will be detected by the resident shield. Better use ssl.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Just check this guide . This is for kaspersky, see if such a similar option is there in avira.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Damien i would recommend not to enable ssl traffic scanning as most of the times this is considered as a man in the middle attack ie a third party intercepts your connection and tries to catch the data which is exactly what ssl traffic scanner does. Dont worry thunderbirds spam filter will remove most spam mails. Or look for an email with better spam filter. Like The bat! which i had won from softpedia.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Hi, this can scan ssl connections