Sandboxie winners --> THIS post

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

@Alpha Personally, I'm a fan of lifetime licenses, but I do understand why some companies have moved toward 1 yr licenses.

I accept the "renewal" type of licenses for security security suites, makes perfect sense and I feel it's fair.

Then there's the "version" type of license, where all updates within a version are free, but there's a reduced fee for upgrades to the next version... Fair enough and if there's enough changes / improvement to justify it... I'll pay for the upgrade or just live with the older version or switch to a competitor who's done a better job.

SandboxIE is a bit different. I remember when I got my license over 2 yrs ago: there was only lifetime licenses. Then awhile later, the 1 yr license was added. To my mind, it makes perfect sense for the developer to have done this considering he does offer a limited free license. And I definitely want him to have enough revenue to continue his development of the program.

That said, I don't enter any giveaways for 1 yr licenses. I already have mine and it's good for all the computers that I own. (Definitely applaud this.) The reason I don't enter are: 1) let someone else get the chance to score a license and 2) I'd end up giving any license I won to a friend... I find it better to introduce them to Sandboxie using the free license and if they use it then I suggest they buy a lifetime license.

The 1 yr license is an inducement to check out the advanced features very inexpensively. If you like it... and most will... then it makes sense to spend the $ for a lifetime one after the 1 yr expires.

Just my thoughts, for whatever they are worth.