Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
And yeah jelson pcmag also does a good amount of testing. THe other good ones are ICSA Westcoast and VB100. to view vb100 test pappers you have to pay them though. Pcmag reviews appear fair but i still think in a way they are biased towards norton. The other goodsite is 7tutorials.com who give unbiased reviews at least i find so. And also he covers all the grounds in av testing.
Thanks for the info avibky!

I've looked at PC Mag and I agree they're pretty good and agree about their bias for Norton. I think the point is they are skewing along the lines of their demographic (not PC enthusiast, but basic computer literate consumers with a corporate slant.)

Fact is, for most people -- you know, those who know only enough to do email and log onto Facebook -- I now point them toward Norton. It doesn't suck anymore (2001 - 2009 it was really lousy), been testing well (middle to top tier) and it's extremely simple with very few pop-ups. ==> suitable for Grandma

I'll have to look at 7tutorials. I've looked at VB100 before but not recently. Never had occasion to check out ICSA though.