Thread: Giveaway of the Day - XYplorer 10.80

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmm putting beta version is bad. Maybe not sure it may have progressed to RC. If in a few days xyplorer puts it as the latest release then it means that it was an RC, or else it was a cheap trick to push beta to consumers.

Don't get this wrong, fellas. I know Don. He won't play a cheap trick against his potential costumers. Such act would only ruin his reputation.
    So despite being beta, I am sure it is safe enough for public release. Hey, even a stable version doesn't mean to be free from bugs.

In fact, I recall a member reported an issue on XYplorer forum that XYplorer 10.80.0100 couldn't preview PDF file as the former versions used to be. No thumbnail generating was the issue, if I am not mistaken.

I am certain the reason Don decided to give away a beta version is because he has put the fix for that issue on this beta. Hence, this beta should be better than the stable 10.80.0100. It is just that the event on GOTD occured a few days before the official release of XYplorer 10.80.0200. May be he was chased by the deadline.
    Last edited by corker; 08-02-12 at 04:58 PM.