The summary of your observation seems quite unpopular info, jelson.

But did you guys notice that I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
If that is proven the case, then I am afraid almost everyone of us here who have IDM will have to bid farewell to the program after the license expires because I am sure the majority of us got IDM from giveaways.
The text in bold should indicate there is at least someone who does not belong to the group. And who that could be? None other than I MYSELF!
I obtained my key from translating IDM. And guess what? I looked into my IDM receipt. It was issued on 2009-12-24 so it is more than two years ago and yet it is still running fine even now. Either downloading or updating, everything OK! May be it is a special treat exclusive for me. Ha...ha...ha....

So, Happy Hunting for new IDM keys to you all!

And jelson, as long as you can afford it, I advise you'd better go with purchase. It is well worth the money. Or you may try out Mass Downloader from MetaProducts beforehand. It is cheaper and its renewal policy is based on major version release. However, Mass Downloader can't intercept download automatically like IDM does. And there is slight possibility it will be featured on Giveaway of the Day.