Thread: Can you suggest a good premium antivrirus?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can you suggest a good premium antivrirus?

Hi Avinash,

I maybe a techie when dealing with Windows and hardware but choosing a good antivirus is just not easy.
    i have dealt with customers using Norton, McAfee, Bit Defender, AVG, Avast. Believe me each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
    Norton seems comparatively good so i have been using NAV (from May 2009) and i recently upgraded to NAV 2010.

Ok coming to the issue at hand, I want to buy an antivirus for my friend,
    but off late Norton's policies have raised some eyebrows. Especially SONAR, which simply quarantines any file which hasnt been used my other Norton users
    It uses Norton Insight network to check how many Norton users have the same file and if it is too low it is considered a risk.
    Certain compressed files have also come under the scanner. Although when extracted they are clean,it shows the zip or rar file is infected(Weird)
    One of my colleagues has Kaspersky and he says it is fantastic when compared to Norton. He says it is very effective and faster than Norton (and cheaper too)
    I have not used Kaspersky before. I have tried Avast Home and AVG free (not good enough)
    Norton uses a lot of resources too. Can you compare NORTON INTERNET SECURITY and KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY and review them for me (and others, i hope)

(Sorry about the long post)

Bye
    Ashwin
    Last edited by Avinash; 29-07-10 at 05:51 PM.