Thread: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have 4gb of ram and before I scan with MBAM I use CCleaner to get rid of the junk. The scanning has sufferred since ver1.46. Was partially cured when 1.50 was released but when this update surfaced went back to "hours".... A pal already posted it there( I was the one who recommended it to her). Was asked to do a clean install/re-install to no avail. Now she experiences an error message of something like the updates that you are downloading is not for this version..please download the latest version of the program...---was not able to jot it down I only chanced upon it when I visited for a drink). She had to do another clean install. To date she had 3 incidents like that. So I advised her to use Superantispyware in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    I have 4gb of ram and before I scan with MBAM I use CCleaner to get rid of the junk. The scanning has sufferred since ver1.46. Was partially cured when 1.50 was released but when this update surfaced went back to "hours".... A pal already posted it there( I was the one who recommended it to her). Was asked to do a clean install/re-install to no avail. Now she experiences an error message of something like the updates that you are downloading is not for this version..please download the latest version of the program...---was not able to jot it down I only chanced upon it when I visited for a drink). She had to do another clean install. To date she had 3 incidents like that. So I advised her to use Superantispyware in the meantime.

If you are experiencing slow scans with 4gb RAM, it must be an issue with MBAM's scanner.

Although it seems to be fast for me. I have a 350 gb HDD with nearly 275 gigs of data.
    2gb RAM XP Home SP 3

Usually a full scan with Malwarebytes takes about 30-45 mins