Thread: Swype Beta 3.26 released

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SWYPE BETA v3.26 update 1

(UPDATE 1) Context Prediction Engine
    With our first over-the-air update, we've enabled our Context Prediction Engine. By analyzing the text you've already entered, Swype will offer more accurate predictions that make sense in the context of the sentence

40% increase in prediction accuracy when a language profile is present
    Learns over time as you use it, building up a personal language profile for you.
    Enabled only for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Other languages coming soon! *Note* French Canadian does not have a pre-loaded static language model, and so will only show improved accuracy after continual use.

(UPDATE 1) Japanese Language Support
    We've added support for Japanese (kana-kanji conversion). Japanese is only available in the Pan-Asia package and NOT the All Regions package.
    As usual, we also have a ton of bug fixes, so check the changelog in the second post to see if an issue that's been bothering you is resolved!

ALL BUILDS - Swype Beta v3.26.92.361xx
    • Enabled CONTEXT PREDICTION ENGINE for EFIGS languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
    • Added Japanese language to Pan-Asia build
    • Re-enabled "Return Key as Emoticon in Messaging" for all builds EXCEPT Pan-Asia (incompatible with Japanese)
    • Removed comma-space-space gesture
    • Changed German, Italian, and Spanish keyboards from NATIONAL layout back to STANDARD layout
    Official announcement:

source:

I didn't see any notification, but when I long-pressed the Swype key I saw an option to download the update.
    Click on it to start the download. After it finishes downloading, it will prompt you with a screen "Replace application?". Select yes,
    It will install the updated version.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 04-11-11 at 09:19 AM.