Thread: Best free adware/spyware removers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Here they are:

1. Real-time: ST 2.3 (best ever HIPS protection)
    2. On demand: MBAM and SAS

PS: I use SAS pro on my old PC and SAS pro's realtime protection blocked speedbit video accelerator toolbar today,found 3 trojans, i quarantined them but im not sure if it is a false positive,
    will write to SAS support for confirmation. I wanted to use the vid.acc for youtube :-(
    I would request you guys to use full names instead of short forms like SAS and ST. Novice users are not able to decode it. Sometime even a good user too can be confused if he had not used that particular software before or heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I would request you guys to use full names instead of short forms like SAS and ST. Novice users are not able to decode it. Sometime even a good user too can be confused if he had not used that particular software before or heard of it.
    I have clearly mentioned the full names in the first post of this thread, i thought mentioning the full names again in another post of the same thread will look silly, as people are not going to skip the first post of the thread and proceed to read other posts. Besides, most people use the words SAS and MBAM commonly in forums.

Anyway, i have uninstalled Spyware Terminator due to the fact that its scans are not extremely accurate nowadays and their tech support is far from good. Host intrusion prevention in the software was good though.

Superantispyware's scans are much better than Spyware Terminator according to Gizmo's freeware. Only disadvantage is the realtime protection, which is not free.

Code:
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-adware-spyware-scumware-remover.htm#Quick_Selection_Guide
    So now my PC's realtime protection is Norton Internet Security and Threatfire
    Ondemand: Superantispyware free (primary), Malwarebytes free

Old PC has: Superantispyware Pro, Norton Internet Security
    Ondemand: None

Maybe i will buy another Superantispyware lifetime license for my new PC