Thread: Will SuperAd Blocker not going to be updated by their company in future ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Yes No-script can be troublesome too. Especially with blogs that use a java based comment system, (like Disqus) but it has its uses

My uncle got a rogue AV pop-up on a website and it wouldn't allow him to close the window, he used the Task manager to end FF.

But when I tried accessing the page No-script prevented the script from running
    Excellent, so what sort of configuration parameters do you use for No-script? I like the idea of its protection, but am unsure of how to use it effectively against "bad" scripts without causing problems. Sounds like there's a good blog post in this.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    Excellent, so what sort of configuration parameters do you use for No-script? I like the idea of its protection, but am unsure of how to use it effectively against "bad" scripts without causing problems. Sounds like there's a good blog post in this.
    Well, I don't allow scripts for every site I visit. Only the ones that I frequently visit.

I also use WOT to see if a site is safe or see the comments by users. Many sites have annoying pop-ups

As for blocking scripts, just right click on the page you are viewing and see the list of scripts, if anything looks suspicious you can do a google search to confirm if it is malicious and block it